CRJ can't run some approach procedures normally

CRJ has inexplicable breakpoints on a large number of approach routes, and autopilot will fly around when it reaches the breakpoints.

Please login to display this image.

If I’m not mistaken, that is not a „breakpoint“ but an intercept course. And it most of the time I flew those they worked OK.

I do confirm, the intention is to have a course to be intercepted after the point (which should correspond to the Radial crossing indication 036°.

But I also noticed how, often, where a turn to intercept is defined, the CRJ is turning on the opposit direction -.-

No DME Arc on the chart above.

Is a CF (Course to Fix) segment  [fix defined by crossing indication) followed by a right turn to Intercerpt the Loc inbound Course.

My experience is that all turns to final goes the wrong direction. Same with VOR approaches or LOC with an outbound course from the aerodrome with a turn back to final. 

P turns will never work either.

• 1 month later...

Any movement on this issue?  I am finding that flying many Stars and approaching like the one above that the AP is having LNAV break during the turn into the ILS approach.  It's turning the correct direction, but 50% of the time it seems to have decided the last 2-3 waypoints after the turn aren't recoverable, despite my being at the correct altitude and speed, and just cancels everything, levels off, and flies straight, apparently thinking I need to do a go-around?

While that could be possible, it doesn't seem too fast for that phase of flight.  For example, turning at this waypoint in the STAR, the AP seemed to give up on the next waypoint, which is the ILS capture waypoint, and then just levels off and flies off on its own:

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you provide us with the complete flight plan then we'll gladly try that.

Sure, absolutely.  Thank you.  It's KHVN runway 20 departure direct to HTO, and then the NEWBE3 STAR to the ILS approach for runway 24 of KACK.  I've generally been at 150-180 knots:

KHVN/20 DCT HTO NEWBE3 KACK/24

While it's a sharp turn to the ILS approach, it's a flight plan I've flown many times in planes of all kinds in XP11 (esp the ERJ and E-Jets) without difficulty and they seem to have more than enough time to get back on course to the last waypoint of the STAR (ILS capture).  It's usually one of my go-to flight plans for a quick, scenic, challenging flight (KACK frequently has dramatic weather and a short runway).  I've had the same phenomenon of dropped waypoints and approaches by the AP happen, though, at bigger and very heavily flown STARs for airports like KLAX that involve turns before the ILS approach:

KSFO/28R WESLA4 EBAYE DCT BURGL IRNMN2 KLAX/25L

Thank you!

Just tested the first in XP11 in the SSG E-Jet, no problem.  Apples and oranges I know, but it doesn't drop the last waypoint and corrects to get there for ILS capture in the images below.  I just flew the reverse flight plan (KACK to KHVN) in the CRJ in MSFS, which doesn't have as sharp a turn, and it was fine, no issues.   

Archived