Thrustmaster TCA quadrant calibration problems

Roary

I have followed the instructions on set up for the aerosoft airbus A318-321, including axis and key assignments and ticking the box in the configurator.i have also calibrated by pushing the throttles forward and back . When I load up the Airbus the throttle fails to correspond to the climb indent or the idle indent , the only way to get it to the idle indent is to put the hardware to reverse thrust, so I don’t have any reverse thrust . How do I configure so it works please this is driving me insane!!!

thanks

Martin Littlemore 

• Deputy Sheriffs

That’s a calibration issue of the Hardware and how P3D recognize the axis.

In this topic we had a lot users with the problem any many possible solutions. Please take a look:

Thanks, i've followed these instructions and it still doesn't work - surely someone at Aerosoft has worked out the problems and can give a definitive answer ??? Also the instructions dont make sense, it says about using the mouse to select 'continue' when calibrating, but this isn't an option that is shown ??

• Deputy Sheriffs

The big question before we talk about configuring the airbus. Do you have correct indications in the windows Panel?

Is in the Idle detend of the TCA the indication for throttle at 25% ?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, if the TCA is working as expected inside windows control panel (detends are in 25% steps, with full rev =0), the problem is in P3D.

You have deactivated the TCA Stick support in the Airbus configurator, and only the throttle support is activated?

No assignments in FSUIPC?

No double assignments with other controllers?

I have set in P3Dv5 to direct input.

There is no separate calibration required. Then assigning as in document.

Hi bob, yes TCa works inside windows control panel with detects as d3cribed 

i have ticked the TCa box in configurator

no assignments in fsuipc

ive checked and no double assignments I can see.

ive run the thrustmaster calibration and I now get reverse thrust but the throttles miss idle detent and go to clb and then  pick up toga  detent. To get idle I have to hold the throttle in place. Better than it was but still not working right. 

I am running p3d v4.5

any ideas please?

thanks

martin

I’ve just gone into a different airbus and now the TCa is back to not recognising reverse thrust anymore , this is completely ridiculous !

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, the reverse position does only work properly with running engines. With engines off, the animation in the VC is bogus. Keep that in mind when testing.

Are you using the original plastic detends or a mod?

The Airbus does just read the axis values offered by P3D. If that is bogus, the Airbus can’t work.

Maybe it’s useful to reset the C:\Users\YOUR ID\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls\standard.xml and prepar3d.cfg

Hi, no not using mods. I reset as described and now I can get most of the detente except no reverse thrust which when I pull the throttles on the TCA back goes to idle detent on the vc . Not sure if I’ll get better than this and can manage but disappointing it doesn’t work. Not sure if you have any other ideas?

thanks

martin 

• Deputy Sheriffs
54 minutes ago, Roary said:

Hi, no not using mods. I reset as described and now I can get most of the detente except no reverse thrust which when I pull the throttles on the TCA back goes to idle detent on the vc . Not sure if I’ll get better than this and can manage but disappointing it doesn’t work. Not sure if you have any other ideas?

thanks

martin 

So in idle detend, VC is in idle. And when pulling back into rev, the VC remain in idle, with no movement?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Then still P3D does not forward the full range.

No idea what’s going on then. How is it on other aircraft?

And in windows all is still as expected?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Roary said:

Hi pleased to say I recalibrated again and all now works! Thanks for all your suggestions and help!

I‘m glad it’s finally working.

Just for me and other users for information.

What do you mean by calibration?

The hardware according the TM guide or in the sim?

So I followed the Thrustmaster instruction on moving the throttles to each detent and pressing the side buttons before pressing another button shown and unplugging the USB cable. I also reset the 2 files you recommended and all then seemed to work once I set up the axis and buttons as per the Aerosoft instructions 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Da dieser Thread beantwortet wurde haben wir ihn geschlossen. Wenn Sie weitere Fragen haben können Sie jederzeit einen Neuen öffnen.

Archived