Bravo Throttle Bugs, Questions and Suggestions for Improvements

Bugs /  hardware defects?:

The reverser toggle (screenshot function 7) Eng 1 rev is without effect as opposed to functions 8, 9 10 with reversers 2, 3 and 4 respectively. I have tried this with plugin activated and deactivated in X-Plane. 

Questions:

1. In the plug-in of X-Plane when it says show bindings. What does this mean? 

2. If one wants to start using the Bravo Throttle as is, does the HC Configurator plugin have to be installed and/or active in X-Plane in order to get the axis to work?

3. What would be the limitations on using reverse thrust for this set-up (point 2) ?

4. Can a button functionality, i.e. reverse added in to a personal joystick setting for an aircraft at a later stage using the HC Configurator or does one have to start from scratch with a vanilla joystick setting for a particular aircraft in X-Plane?  

Observation and  friendly suggestions:

1. It would be less confusing if axis names were called levers no. 1 ... through  6, rather than throttle 4 assigned to throttle 2.

2. The flight director sector knob shows a different order of sequence for functions Alt, VS, HDG ....etc. than the push buttons for autopilot functions. 

Suggestion for future improvement of the Bravo Throttle for Honeycomb: The selector knob should be backlit as well, showing its setting in the dark and the push buttons should be ordered and remapped to appear in the same sequence as the selector knob.  

Please login to display this image.

• Dornier728 changed the title to Bravo Throttle Bugs, Questions and Suggestions for Improvements
  • Aerosoft

Hi,

thanks for your valued feedback.

Regarding your questions:

1. In the plug-in of X-Plane when it says show bindings. What does this mean? 

This will give you some textual output when you push a button, that has an assignment attached in a HC configurator profile. Mainly useful for debugging.

2.  If one wants to start using the Bravo Throttle as is, does the HC Configurator plugin have to be installed and/or active in X-Plane in order to get the axis to work?

No, not at all. The device itself is purely plug&play. It is only if you want some of the more special features, like the AP rotaries or LEDs that you will have to use the HC Configurator.

3. What would be the limitations on using reverse thrust for this set-up (point 2) ?

4. Can a button functionality, i.e. reverse added in to a personal joystick setting for an aircraft at a later stage using the HC Configurator or does one have to start from scratch with a vanilla joystick setting for a particular aircraft in X-Plane?  

I don't know if I understand correctly, but generally the reverse thrust on the Bravo is not axis, but buttons, so whatever function you want to assign to them you can do that via X-Plane itself, or via a suitable commandref (e.g. "sim/engines/thrust_reverse_hold") in the HC configurator.

vor 2 Stunden , BenBaron sagte:

Hi,

thanks for your valued feedback.

Regarding your questions:

This will give you some textual output when you push a button, that has an assignment attached in a HC configurator profile. Mainly useful for debugging.

No, not at all. The device itself is purely plug&play. It is only if you want some of the more special features, like the AP rotaries or LEDs that you will have to use the HC Configurator.

I don't know if I understand correctly, but generally the reverse thrust on the Bravo is not axis, but buttons, so whatever function you want to assign to them you can do that via X-Plane itself, or via a suitable commandref (e.g. "sim/engines/thrust_reverse_hold") in the HC configurator.

Ah, ok. This pretty much addressed my questions. So I may deduce, commandrefs can be added after the fact of having created a specific profile in x-plane ( as a method of fine tuning ), which then however might override whatever settings one has already made in x-plane.

Thanks for the reply.

• Aerosoft

Almost,

just that, as the two types of profiles don't interact in any way, you have to make sure yourself there are no doubled bindings between what buttons have been defined in the X-Plane profile and the HC Configurator. Otherwise, you will see both commands being actioned, which might not necessarily be desired.

Archived