Maldives X (FSX) installation in Prepar3D v4 / v5

Greetings.

I would like to purchase the Aerosoft Maldives X airport (FSX-only compatible) and to try to install it in Prepar3D v4/v5. Can anyone recommend a method to successfully install this scenery in Prepar3D v4/v5? I read an Avsim post where someone recommended to create a fake fsx.exe (from notepad) inside the desired installation folder in order to force the installation in P3D v4 addons folder, but I find it risky, especially since I have to pay upfront for this addon (and if unsuccessful, I lose the money). Can Aerosoft offer an install method or a guarantee that this scenery works in P3D v4/v5? PDMG advises for this addon in their P3D 777 Tutorial, but I fear that the tutorial might've created for FSX then used later for P3D, with disregard for scenery addons compatibility.

Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hm….Aerosoft will never guarantee for such an old product that it will run in v4/v5.

It might run, no idea. As mentioned, fake fsx.exe in a new blank folder.

Then you get all files and can package them with add-on.xml

That you can then register in the P3D add-on.cfg

All own risk. But compared to the IRL airport, that scenery is very, very outdated.

At avsim library is a freeware Maldives main airport designed for P3D.

• Upvote 2

Thanks. I wonder why Aerosoft doesn't update this addon to newer standards, as it seems they are the only one who developed this airport. A holiday island in the Indian ocean would make for a nice addon, especially a sought-after one, both in virtual and real life. Orbx seems to be doing nice with developing unknown / small airports.

A question though: by very outdated, does this mean I will get missing runways / parking spots while using Navigraph?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Missing parking spots. No idea about maybe changed ILS data.

The whole island changed its appearance significantly.

• Upvote 1