Frame rate plummets with popout displays

I cannot find this issue addressed, and I'm not sure if it has been an issue all along or just recently occurred for me. I just now tried to pop out a few displays, but they all cause the soon to drop down to very low frames at about 5-10fps. As soon as I close the popout window, frames come back. Applies to any display, and every instance.

10900 and RTX3090 running 4k resolution

• Aerosoft

Are you running the sim in fullscreen or windowed mode? Do you have v-sync on? Fullscreen and v-sync on where framehogs for me on the X5700XT. Now, I can pop out all four main screens onto two monitors and the frame loss is ok. 

• 1 month later...

+1 to this issue. Running the sim in borderless windowed, v-sync off. The FPS drop is quite massive when popping out any display (a lot more than 5%) but it's not instant.

I've avoided doing it because of this so far, but one situation where it cannot be avoided is when setting the landing field elevation due to the distance and difference in positioning between the dial and the screen. A couple hundred feet is ok, but I had a flight to KROW today where the elevation is above 3000 feet and I could not set it up in one go because the FPS degraded progressively. I can set it to about 1000 feet until the sim becomes unresponsive (we're talking seconds per frame here, not frames per second) and it's not even registering scrolls over the dial, after which I have to close the popout window, wait for the FPS to stabilise, and go at it again.

Happens only in the CRJ, not in other aircraft and it happens on ground just as it does at 36000 feet, it doesn't matter. I can try to record a video of it if it's helpful? Any other info you might need from us to debug the issue?

An acceptable workaround (at least for me personally, I'm not speaking on behalf of other users with such issues) would be to have a mouse tooltip when hovering over the landing field elevation dial that displays the value being set (similar to what stock Asobo aircraft have for similar dials like heading, v/s, alt, etc).

Archived