Twin Otter crash vista

ggi

Thanks for a wonderful addon for FSX - I've made the T-Ott my aircraft of choice - a fantastic piece of work, which is worth every cent.

Unfortunately I have a problem with the DHC6 when using the GPS option. I have been getting a total computer shutdown using the GPS to go direct EGPH to XSTR (Strathallan). Every time I arrive at the EGPH runway, my computer system shuts down totally. I get no crash when using the analogue version. The crash is repeatable every time.

I'm using Vista32, FSX SP2, Nvidia XTX1950, and Aerosoft DHC-6 with both updates installed. EGPH uses UK2000 extreme scenery, and XSTR uses Scotflight scenery.

Thanks for any advice / help you can offer.

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary

First tyr to lower Your display settings in FSX. Especially water settings too high can "overload" Your system.

If that doesn´t help, try to disable both addon sceneries and fly the route again.

Then try to enable one sceney at a time and try over again.

I´m not saying that the twotter isn´t the culprit, but the GPS of the twotter is just a "customised" version of the default Garmins, so it shouldn´t crash FSX for You.

Often crashes and out of memory issues are caused by addon scenery.

Regards

Finn