Bravo Configurator has a vexing problem with a light variable

I'm having a particularly vexing problem with the "Door" LED on the Bravo.  Hours of trial and error and it still will not behave correctly.

The plane is freeware G-IV-SP by Hansen, and I've got the gear lights, parking brake and APU lamps working correctly.  The Door light though is behaving badly (not working right).

The correct dataref for cabin door actuation is     sim/flightmodel2/misc/custom_slider_ratio

It has an array of 24, and the door is actuated by index 23 or the last one, being set to "1" (integer) for door open and "0" for door closed.

I can use a Bravo switch with the condition set to the above dataref,   index set to 23 and value set to 1 or 0 (no equal sign, and no decimal), to both open and close the door from the Bravo.

However no matter what combination of factors and syntax I use on the Door lamp, I cannot get it to operate!  I have checked that the Door lamp works, by setting it to mimic the APU on lamp, with dataref    sim/cockpit/APU_running    and value 1 (no equal sign and no decimal) and the door lamp turns on with APU running and off when APU is shut off.

So the lamp works.

I am at my wit's end with this one.  I've tried reloading Xplane,  disconnecting the Bravo, and about a zillion reload bindings with the Bravo plugin.

The door light will go on with   sim/flightmodel2/misc/custom_slider_ratio  and value set to 0 with any index from 0 to 23, but it then stays on no matter that state the actual door is in, or what the dataref value actually is (I have DataRefTool installed)

What is going on, and how to I rectify this???

I'm having the same challenge for the TBM 900 - tried all sorts of variations using data refs, some illuminate the DOOR led but it stays on. 

I have noticed a problem - once you set the AND or OR, you can't delete it. While trying to create Conditions and using And and OR, I can't unselect it. 

17 minutes ago, aerox334 said:

I'm having the same challenge for the TBM 900 - tried all sorts of variations using data refs, some illuminate the DOOR led but it stays on. 

I have noticed a problem - once you set the AND or OR, you can't delete it. While trying to create Conditions and using And and OR, I can't unselect it. 

Yes, I noticed that too - the AND/OR can't be deleted back to "Select".  I presume it doesn't matter if you only have one variable entered though as there is nothing to compare.

With my door light issue, I know with certainty I have the correct dataref, as that same dataref applied to a rocker switch on the Bravo, opens and closes the door.  But the light will not actuate with that dataref/variable and it will with other datarefs/variable, like for the APU as an example I tried.

Something is wrong in the logic or hardware or firmware within the Bravo!

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

Yes, I noticed that too - the AND/OR can't be deleted back to "Select".  I presume it doesn't matter if you only have one variable entered though as there is nothing to compare.

Exactly this: if you only have one condition it does not matter what is chosen as Link.

With my door light issue, I know with certainty I have the correct dataref, as that same dataref applied to a rocker switch on the Bravo, opens and closes the door.  But the light will not actuate with that dataref/variable and it will with other datarefs/variable, like for the APU as an example I tried.

Will see if I can reproduce that.

• Aerosoft

Hi guys:

anyone of you has a prepared profile.json for a freeware aircraft like that G-IV-SP you see that problem with? Then I can investigate what might be going on there.

3 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi guys:

anyone of you has a prepared profile.json for a freeware aircraft like that G-IV-SP you see that problem with? Then I can investigate what might be going on there.

Yes:

Here is my profile so far. (attached)

It is for the G-IVSP by Hansen:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/37010-gulfstream-g-iv-sp-v11/&page=9&tab=comments#comment-337673

I have parking brake command set to the "flaps up" toggle , and Parking Brake lamp comes on when it's engaged.

Left most rocker switch is seatbelt  sign.

Next button to the right opens and closes the Cabin Door.

Next button to the right is start fuel lever left engine

Next button to the right is start fuel lever right engine.

And of course I have left main axis as speedbrakes, center two axes as throttle 1 and 2, and right most axis as flap setting.

Gear lever and lights are also programmed.

BUT you will see that the very same variable that opens/closes the cabin door, will NOT activate the "Door" lamp.  But you can make the door lamp go on with other variables

I also have low oil and fuel pressure lamps coded, and APU lamp coded too

GIV-SP.json

• Aerosoft

Hi,

good news, as your DOOR LED will react properly soon opening and closing that door :).

I today took the time to look into this issue and this has indeed been a bug, which could happen under certain conditions treating the array incorrectly. I hope I did not break anything in the process, but at least this problem will be fixed in version 2.2.

Thanks for the report. 

On 5/6/2021 at 8:27 AM, BenBaron said:

Hi,

good news, as your DOOR LED will react properly soon opening and closing that door :).

I today took the time to look into this issue and this has indeed been a bug, which could happen under certain conditions treating the array incorrectly. I hope I did not break anything in the process, but at least this problem will be fixed in version 2.2.

Thanks for the report. 

Excellent!  So I am not delusional then :)  I suspected it had something to do with this variable having an array of 24, as other lesser array variables do operate this LED properly.

I know this is a minor issue, but I've accidentally left the cabin door open for a flight, only to be extremely embarrassed with myself after doing an external view and see it gaping wide open.  (the flight dynamics are unaffected if you accidentally leave it open) 

I really enjoy flying this old Gulfstream, and for freeware it's got a lot of excellent features true to Gulfstream... I wish there were more models available.  I've attached some images of my G-IV soon after takeoff from 08L and KMIA.

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Archived