Unable to select file for import. Honeycomb Configuration 2.1.0 Mac

I am setting up a new Honeycomb Bravo.  In the Honeycomb Configurator 2.1.0 mac version, I made a few changes, exported the default profile as "Test.json".  The file is in the same folder as "Default_Throttle.json".  When I try to import "Test.json", the file is grey, and I cannot select "Test.json".  I cannot begin the import function because I cannot select a file to start.  The "Test.json" file has the same content as "Default_Throttle.json" and is in the same folder.  I cannot open "Default_Throttle.json".  The file is also grey and cannot be selected.

I also downloaded another profile from the web site (A2A-Cessna_172R_Throttle_Profile_01.json), for a test and have the same problem.  During Import, I cannot select files.  All the files appear grey.

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Any suggestions?  Thank you for you help.

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi and welcome to our forums:

you are trying to import from the honeycomb_profiles folder itself. Normally, you either copy the profile.json manually into that folder and it will be recognized by the ConfigTool on next startup OR you select import from within and it will put the file into that folder itself.

So, please try either one of those and see if it works.

Hello, I tested a few things.  but first, a question.

Under "profiles" I can "create new profile" and see this new profile in the list.  Are these profiles the same as "Actions", "Open Settings", "import profiles" ?  I want to make sure they are the same :)

I used "Actions", "Open Settings", "export profiles"  and exported the default profile.  The exported file is in the folder, but does not appear in the application.

I also created a new profile under "profiles" from the default.  This new file does appear in the folder and in the application.

When I open both json files, the content is the same, but the page layout is different.  I wonder if the export is missing a new line character, whereas the create new profile does include the new line character.  See files.  This may be bug #1

Neither file can be imported using "Actions", "Open Settings", "import profiles".  The import function does not recognize any file type.  This may be bug #2.

profiles create profiles.json action open settigns export.json

• Aerosoft

So,

a few things to clarify: 

1. If you export one or multiple profiles, you can choose a filename and location to save. This file can contain multiple profiles, so it needs to be explicitely imported again, in order to split up the seperate profiles. Thus, this file is not supposed to show up by itself anywhere in the application, whereever you put it.
  2. If you have a file which you know contains only a single profile and has not been exported previously, you can also manually put it into the "honeycomb_profiles" folder, and it will show up in the "Select Profile" list.
  3. So, the list under "Select Profile" does show the content of the "honeycomb_profiles" folder, which should only contain individual profiles, each in it distinct file...that is one profile per file. If you import an exported profiles file, which can contain multiple individual profiles, the ConfigTool will split the profiles up and put them into this folder, so they become visible in that list. 
  4. For the "Import Profiles" list to show anything on the other hand, you have to select a previously explicitely exported file...then the list will show you all the individual profiles in that one file for you to select which profile(s) you want to have imported. After which they are split up and copied into the "honeycomb_profiles" folder and become visible in the "Select Profile" list.  

Considering all of the above, which point does not work for you, what exactly are you trying to do and what are the detailed steps you take. As on my side I currently cannot see any problem trying to import both of your files.

On 4/28/2021 at 12:46 PM, BenBaron said:

So,

a few things to clarify: 

1. If you export one or multiple profiles, you can choose a filename and location to save. This file can contain multiple profiles, so it needs to be explicitely imported again, in order to split up the seperate profiles. Thus, this file is not supposed to show up by itself anywhere in the application, whereever you put it.
  2. If you have a file which you know contains only a single profile and has not been exported previously, you can also manually put it into the "honeycomb_profiles" folder, and it will show up in the "Select Profile" list.
  3. So, the list under "Select Profile" does show the content of the "honeycomb_profiles" folder, which should only contain individual profiles, each in it distinct file...that is one profile per file. If you import an exported profiles file, which can contain multiple individual profiles, the ConfigTool will split the profiles up and put them into this folder, so they become visible in that list. 
  4. For the "Import Profiles" list to show anything on the other hand, you have to select a previously explicitely exported file...then the list will show you all the individual profiles in that one file for you to select which profile(s) you want to have imported. After which they are split up and copied into the "honeycomb_profiles" folder and become visible in the "Select Profile" list.  

Considering all of the above, which point does not work for you, what exactly are you trying to do and what are the detailed steps you take. As on my side I currently cannot see any problem trying to import both of your files.

Hi Ben, I'm not sure if we're speaking across purposes.  For the one example above, I went into the settings, and exported the existing default.  I cannot selected this exported file. The file appears grey when I use the import in settings.

If I use profiles, then create profiles, I can create a new profile based on the default.  But, if I try to import this file, again, the file is grey. 

The other parts of your statements above are not relevant, because I can never select any files when trying to import.  Since I can't select a file, there are no steps to describe.  

I named the files above based on the way I created them.  The one was using  "Actions", "Open Settings" then  "export profiles" .  And the other way was Under "profiles" I can "create new profile" .  When using "Actions", "Open Settings", then "import profiles", every single file, no mater if it is the original default, or files created in the above mentioned ways, all files are greyed out, and I cannot select a file.  This indicates to me there is a problem with the mac version of the application for import profile.  Normally, when programming a mac, you choose a filter type to decide what files to show as valid.  All these files are not "seen" by the import window and appear grey.

Thanks, Mike

• Aerosoft

Hi Mike,

but: I've only seeing you try to import files that are already within the "honeycomb_profiles" folder. And as an import will try and move the files exactly into that place, this is supposed to not work. Also your export above you have saved in that same folder.

So, please confirm you are also not able to import from a different folder than "honeycomb_profiles".

I have the same problem:

1) Xplane does not recognise .json profiles generated by (and exported) from the Honeycomb Configurator.

2) Xplane does not 'see' downloaded profiles. The profiles have been copied to the Hponeycomb_profiles folder under AFC_Bridge

3) Thirdly, the Honeycomb Configurator does not see profiles that have been directly made in Xplane itself.

(running a Mac, Big Sur)

On 26.4.2021 at 19:32, MikePally sagte:

I am setting up a new Honeycomb Bravo.  In the Honeycomb Configurator 2.1.0 mac version, I made a few changes, exported the default profile as "Test.json".  The file is in the same folder as "Default_Throttle.json".  When I try to import "Test.json", the file is grey, and I cannot select "Test.json".  I cannot begin the import function because I cannot select a file to start.  The "Test.json" file has the same content as "Default_Throttle.json" and is in the same folder.  I cannot open "Default_Throttle.json".  The file is also grey and cannot be selected.

I also downloaded another profile from the web site (A2A-Cessna_172R_Throttle_Profile_01.json), for a test and have the same problem.  During Import, I cannot select files.  All the files appear grey.

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Any suggestions?  Thank you for you help.

Same problem for me, please see my threads:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/profile/53664-dornier728/

Both treads went unanswered. Incidentally I was on honeycomb's support page section "knowledge base" - absolutely no mention about X-plane in conjunction with the bravo throttle, zero questions, nil. What the heck is going on over there? 

On 1.5.2021 at 03:18, MikePally sagte:

Hi Ben, I'm not sure if we're speaking across purposes.  For the one example above, I went into the settings, and exported the existing default.  I cannot selected this exported file. The file appears grey when I use the import in settings.

If I use profiles, then create profiles, I can create a new profile based on the default.  But, if I try to import this file, again, the file is grey. 

The other parts of your statements above are not relevant, because I can never select any files when trying to import.  Since I can't select a file, there are no steps to describe.  

I named the files above based on the way I created them.  The one was using  "Actions", "Open Settings" then  "export profiles" .  And the other way was Under "profiles" I can "create new profile" .  When using "Actions", "Open Settings", then "import profiles", every single file, no mater if it is the original default, or files created in the above mentioned ways, all files are greyed out, and I cannot select a file.  This indicates to me there is a problem with the mac version of the application for import profile.  Normally, when programming a mac, you choose a filter type to decide what files to show as valid.  All these files are not "seen" by the import window and appear grey.

Thanks, Mike

I couldn't agree more on what Mike has written. On top of it all the default profiles do not work properly in x-plane. And the majority of the other profiles that do show up are faulty as well. The only jet profile that half way seems to work is the zibo one downloaded from the Aerosoft downloads page. 

The generic profile provided with the configurator mixes up thrust with reverse, that is it can only do reverse. Rebinding and remapping don't change this either. Tried this with default settings in X-plane for a bunch of twin-engined and the 747 8i jets. Hopefully more disgruntled customers will come forward so honeycomb gets a move on. 

Please Aerosoft communicate with us !!!

• Aerosoft

Guys:

there is a few things to unpack here, but most importantly please don't go into different threads to state the same things all over again, as it makes keeping track really difficult.

Be assured, we read and process everything, but unfortunately the day has only 24h and we are also developing not only this project, but multiple ones on different operating and simulator platforms. So, it sometimes takes time before someone can get back to you, especially as it is weekends.

With that being said, a tool like the HC Configurator always means a trade off between simplicity and functionality. And as the tool was designed with aircraft makers in mind to produce profiles themselves, we deliberately went for functionality here, which comes with a steep learning curve for someone not used to the intrinsics of their sim and aircraft of choice. 

The tool is still under heavy development, so we know there are issues which will be resolved.

Now down to business:

1) Xplane does not recognise .json profiles generated by (and exported) from the Honeycomb Configurator.

2) Xplane does not 'see' downloaded profiles. The profiles have been copied to the Hponeycomb_profiles folder under AFC_Bridge

3) Thirdly, the Honeycomb Configurator does not see profiles that have been directly made in Xplane itself.

The tool does neither deal with axis, nor does it have anything to do with X-Planes controller profiles. So you will never see its profiles in the X-Plane menu and vice versa no X-Plane profiles in the HC configurator. It is only concerned with buttons, so you are encouraged to only map those functions, which cannot be mapped via X-Plane alone, like the AP rotaries.

I couldn't agree more on what Mike has written. On top of it all the default profiles do not work properly in x-plane. And the majority of the other profiles that do show up are faulty as well. The only jet profile that half way seems to work is the zibo one downloaded from the Aerosoft downloads page. 

The generic profile provided with the configurator mixes up thrust with reverse, that is it can only do reverse. Rebinding and remapping don't change this either. Tried this with default settings in X-plane for a bunch of twin-engined and the 747 8i jets. Hopefully more disgruntled customers will come forward so honeycomb gets a move on. 

The default throttle profile does nothing with reversers. It only maps the AP rotaries and some LEDs to use with e.g. the default Cessna...only the things which for sure cannot be achieved with the sim alone.

As to why there might be an issue with some profiles not loading up correctly, we  will investigate.

Okay, when you write the json profiles don't treat axis, than you should also investigate why reverse thrust seems to be bound to the trottle axis of the default profile. Please try to implement the 747 8i in X-Plane using MacOSX as well if you can get all four throttles to work correctly. As the reverse thrust seems to not belong to an axis but rather a button (also shown as such in the  HC configurator) how will it be possible to get thrust reverse to work.

It would be very helpful if Aerosoft itself or HC could find someone to make dedicated tutorials for X-plane on how to configure the HC flight controls properly on both ends, i.e. the HC configurator and X-Plane's own joystick settings, as this seems to be important when creating a new json-profile for a new aircraft.

I have the feeling that generic settings rather do not seem to work for the HC bravo trottle as opposed to a Saitek throttle quadrant. 

Another suggestion: 

Please make sure that the json download files from the Aerosoft downloads page really do work for the advertised simulators. 

Please inform us when the json profiles actually can be imported, because right now they can only be copied manually, at least if one is on MacOSX

Finally please reiterate if Mojave will in fact work with the HC configurator. People need to know this so, because upgrading to Catalina introduces a whole host of problems, including Metal no longer working, as well as problems with network settings.

Thank you 

• Aerosoft

Please make sure that the json download files from the Aerosoft downloads page really do work for the advertised simulators. 

Please inform us when the json profiles actually can be imported, because right now they can only be copied manually, at least if one is on MacOSX

We are currently checking on this...when there is news, we will come back to you.

Finally please reiterate if Mojave will in fact work with the HC configurator. People need to know this so, because upgrading to Catalina introduces a whole host of problems, including Metal no longer working, as well as problems with network settings.

Mojave is not supported and we have added a note about this fact to the system requirements shop page as well as the download area.

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

just to let you know that we can reproduce an issue with the profile import on Macs. We are investigating.

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft

Hi,

so...a workaround for the issue for now might be to import the profiles on a Windows PC, if at hand, and then manually copy them over from "honeycomb_profiles" to Mac. This should be fixed in the next version.

On 5.5.2021 at 11:36, BenBaron sagte:

Hi,

so...a workaround for the issue for now might be to import the profiles on a Windows PC, if at hand, and then manually copy them over from "honeycomb_profiles" to Mac. This should be fixed in the next version.

Unfortunately windows pc is not an option for me, but how about, if you could try that on your end and offer it for download for us macos people.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 2:17 AM, BenBaron said:

Hi Mike,

but: I've only seeing you try to import files that are already within the "honeycomb_profiles" folder. And as an import will try and move the files exactly into that place, this is supposed to not work. Also your export above you have saved in that same folder.

So, please confirm you are also not able to import from a different folder than "honeycomb_profiles".

Hi Ben, 

I tried copying and exporting the files to a different location and used different names.  In all cases, the files are grey when using the import file selection, as described above.  Thanks for looking into this.  

It sounds like you may have also found the problem already, but wanted to close out your question.  I'm happy to be a tester for you before sending out a general release.  Or, if you need to turn on any tracing on the app.  I used to be a developer long ago, and understand the challenge with testing on multiple OS's and configurations.

Mike

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/1/2021 at 8:01 PM, Ariel Pinto said:

Guys, has there been a new development, update on this. in Mac OS it is impossible to import profiles. Its driving me nuts. Please provide help for Mac OS users. Thanks

I have the same issue. Have tried it all, but it just dont work.

Please TEAM, help us out here... 

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

sorry for the delayed response: please have a look into this thread here for a quick update as to where we are standing right now. Things should pick up steam again from next week onwards.

• 10 months later...

I'd like to revive this thread. Has this issue been fixed? I still cannot import any .json profile to the configurator. I tried the Windows workaround and that didn't work either (unless I'm doing it wrong).

Is there a fix/update coming any time soon?

Thank you.

• 5 months later...

I think we can make one simple conclusion.

The configurator tool is not working on MacOsX!

So my idea is that Aerosoft needs to go back on the developers table and redesign the tool for the Mac so it works.

Because mind you, also on my MacBook the program is not working.

Files can not be imported

Profiles are not saved (changes in the profile disappeared when reloading the profile)

Profiles are not recognized by X-Plane

Thereby I believe that the configurator can only be used by experienced users with developer skills!

An average sim user will never able to use this program!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Airfoillabs reference C172 where also a Honeycomb json config file is available. I bought it just to see if I can make it work that way.

The json profile file is greyed out in Honeycomb configurator also at a download location outside of X-Plane installation folder.

I cannot make Bravo work. It has been 2 months now... giving up slowly. I'm on Ventura

Update: I opened up the C172 NG JSON file and manually created a new profile which matched.  Took a while but I got there.  However, if you're running X-Plane 12 on a Mac then you can't use the profile with X-Plane running natively, you have to make X-Plane run under Rosetta so the Honeycomb plugin will load.  Trouble is you'll then get a performance hit - for me this is about 10 FPS.  Far from ideal and no word as I can see from Honeycomb as to when there will be an Apple silicon Honeycomb plugin.