Honeycomb App for other Simulations than FSX / P3D / MSFS and X-Plane (especially the Aerowinx PSX)?

I fly the Aerowinx PSX simulator (that you also sell here on aerosoft), an almost Professional Sim for the Boeing 747-400. I thought it would be great, to use the honeycomb Alpha and Bravo with it. Now the problem is, You can not use the Conifguration software with PSX. (Its a Java application, with a very good TSP/IP Network for instances). Would it be possible to make the honeycomb Software a way, that you could proram buttons to send certain Key Commands? So you could use it with any simulator that takes on keycommands? Like joy 2 key or something, but for the honeycomb. I think it would be great if you could use that hardware not only limited to the (of course greatest) 3 Simulators. Or do you know any tool that would makeit possible to program the honeycomb in a very free way? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards

Beat LSZH

• Aerosoft

Hi,

I only know the very first version of that simulator, but if I remember correctly, even that one supported "normal" plug and play usb hardware, like joysticks. So, I feel you should be able to just assign the Bravo's axis' and buttons via the simulator interface.

On 24.4.2021 at 18:46, BenBaron sagte:

Hi,

I only know the very first version of that simulator, but if I remember correctly, even that one supported "normal" plug and play usb hardware, like joysticks. So, I feel you should be able to just assign the Bravo's axis' and buttons via the simulator interface.

Thats ture, but the problem is, you can only assing part of the buttons of the plane to certain usb commands. For example, it is possible to assing the 4 Bravo axis to the throttle, but you can not assing the thrust reversers, because that is only possible via Keycommand and that is not accessible via usb commands. You are very limited with those. On the other hand, you can do almost anything using keycommands. So a "honeycomb to keycommand" Interface would be amazing to have. I don't know if somethng like that would even be possible. But I think, you could use honeycomb on almost anything that way. 

• Aerosoft

Hi Beat,

normally I would consider this to be a task the core sim itself should handle as a cross platform solution for this from us is not a trivial task.

I will keep it on my list to consider though, for our next internal discussion. 

Archived