ILS capture malpensa

hi guys, purchased AeroSoft LIMC for V5 only because it has more routes than LIML, and with FSL 320 the ILS is not working , i was all over the place coming in from Paris, so tried it again in the runway 17L tuned ILS and its just not working ( latest airac from navigraph installed ) anybody else has this ? never had a problem like this before ? ran aerosoft updater because it said there was an update. as soon i engage APPR in the 320 the aircraft turns immediately off course ? ive tried runway 35R and its exactly the same 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you checked the AFCAD that the airport has the same freq as current navdata? 
Was there recently a change IRL and the addon is now outdated?

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 minutes ago, Philip Highton said:

oh dear I wouldn't know how to do that ??? could you point me in the right direction. the a/c can pick up the ils if I go into heading mode and capture manually !

If capture is manually possible the ILS should be fine. Then there is something wrong on the AC or your procedure.

The current loaded freq is also displayed at the P3D map.

The AFCAD can be checked/edited with the ADE tool.

The AFCAD tells the sim if there is a ILS and what is the GS, Freq and ident. If that is stored correct in the AFCAD the sim will provide the signal to the AC.

Currently you are the first reporting a problem.

The AFCAD (LIMC_ADEV5-OP01.bgl) in V2.0.0.0 of this scenery contains an outdated/duplicate localizer (IMA) on Rwy 17L in addition to IMSL, the correct one.

• Developer

stock Loc could not be remove/deleted, only misplaced with other freq. to make them inactive, but some Airplanes could not handle it

The P3Dv5 AFX file for LIMC has the correct ILS (IMSL), which is the stock navaid--remember that L-M re-worked most of the airports worldwide for v5.  So while the old stock IAM localizer might have been an issue in v4, it is not present in the stock v5 scenery.

However the obsolete IAM localizer from the old FSX database (which is *not* a stock navaid in P3Dv5) was left there in the v5 AFX file when it really should not have been.

BTW, in ADE you can edit the stock ILS in the raw data mode to change its name, freq, etc rather than creating a problematic duplicate.  That's how I fixed the issue in the P3Dv4 airport file, which also had the duplicated localizers.

Regards

Bob Scott

Archived