The need for being able to save a complete setup of a flight in the CRJ, with all the data in the FMC included.

chib

I have been working through all the tutorials and am really enjoying them but it takes so long to get all set up that I am not having enough time to fly... Isn't there a way to save the setup flight with all the data in the FMC and then load it all back in when you are ready to take off?? If you can't do that you should be able to.  When I save the flight and then load it, nothing is in the FMC and the CRJ is not configured the way I saved it. By not having this ability, you are encouraging people to look for shortcuts to just get in the air so you can at least work on some ILS landings. I don't think this is what you have in mind but it is causing a great deal of frustration.  No wonder there are so few people designing tutorials.  The Dude's videos are great but he also experienced this frustration when creating them.  Please consider doing something about this issue.

You can start up the aircraft using the „ready to taxi“ button on the EFD. 

And you can also save and reload your flightplan from the „second flightplan“ in the FMS. That should already save you some time. 

I’m not sure though if the performance data is also saved in the FMS. But you can check if “loading performance data” on the “options” page on the EFD loads that from a stored file. 

On the other hand practicing helps to get familiar with the startup process. I usually don’t need more than 10 minutes from cold and dark to get ready to taxi. 

Concerning the save state while saving and loading a flight enroute as a .flt file in MSFS, that never worked reliably ingame for me. With none of the aircraft. 

Thanks.  I'll have to look into how to "save and reload your flightplan from the second flightplan“ in the FMS. I've never tried that.

I still think if you could save your total setup and plan, anytime, it would be fantastic.

Puuhbear,

I am not seeing how I can "save and reload the flightplan from the second flightplan“ in the FMS.  Is that written someplace?  Any help is appreciated.

42 minutes ago, chib said:

Puuhbear,

I am not seeing how I can "save and reload the flightplan from the second flightplan“ in the FMS.  Is that written someplace?  Any help is appreciated.

Yes it is in the manual how to load flight plans.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

No response in over a month.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived