Squawk code changes "under the hood" (vPilot) - unflyable online

coldhaulfield

When setting a Squawk code, either from vPilot or FMC or RTU, after less than a minute of flight, the code is changed towards vPilot and any other external sources. It does not change the displayed squawk in the aircraft however. I tested this also with no other applications other than vPilot running. The code changes to any random number.

So, appearantly everything is fine, but I have to update the squawk once i minute in vPilot to keep the ATCO happy, which makes it unflyable online. 

For information, I also have the issue where the COM1 radio reverts to the initial value, or another value than set. I have to use COM2 in order to decide frequency on my own. These forced changes in frequency are also visible in the aircraft.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Well, AI Control is switched off for me. Other assistance systems are also off.

Nevertheless, when you are online (vPilot) Ground COM switches on automatically, even if you want to change the frequency, it switches back to Ground COM.
Once I was in the air, the frequency 122.80 remained stable until I landed.
After landing, it automatically switched back to the ground frequency of the arrival airport.

Where else could I look?

I have heard that you MUST select the squawk code in the radio and NOT the fmc.  I do not know if this is the case but this is what I have heard reported.

I have logged over 80 hours, everyone of them on VATSIM with vPilot. 

There has to be something in your sim that is causing this issue.  Check keyboard bindings too, you may have something set by default there.  Early on in MSFS I created a blank keyboard profile and only added the keys that I wanted to have.  Yes this is a bit of work, but really only needs to be done one time.  This ensures you don't have something weird you are unaware of.  Ditto any controllers you have connected.  It is easier to do this than it is to fish around and see what someone else thought you needed and have to remove it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, Hoffie3000 said:

Nevertheless, when you are online (vPilot) Ground COM switches on automatically, even if you want to change the frequency, it switches back to Ground COM.
Once I was in the air, the frequency 122.80 remained stable until I landed.
After landing, it automatically switched back to the ground frequency of the arrival airport.

If you use the ground services through the radio menu, the aircraft will tune into that frequency. Nothing that we can control unfortunately.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:06 PM, Secondator said:

If you use the ground services through the radio menu, the aircraft will tune into that frequency. Nothing that we can control unfortunately.

Further to this I highly recommend looking into ‘Pushback Helper’ on flightsim.to. 

This allows you to operate all ground services independently of using the ATC panel in MSFS. Very useful when flying on VATSIM. 

Archived