Re-Fuel Panel

ametlib

Nobody use this re-fuel panel?

I would like to know about how to I set exactly same block fuel value I get from Simbrief - let say 6009 kg? As I use Increse/decrease switch it always go above or below but never get a correct value so about what is the problem?

Why this equipment is let out from the CRJ manuals if I may ask?

Thank You, too but this video not answer to my question and yes - I have seen all Dude's videos.

As he add fuel to re-fuel gauge the numbers go up without any logic like this:

90 - 60 - 120 - 140 - 150 - 220 - 95 - 25 - 60 - 100 an so on...

I would like to know is it possible to get exacly fuel quanity I need although virtual fuel cost nothing.

Why the manual not tell anything for this or is the manual since FSX/P3D? You don't answere this yet...

On 4/24/2021 at 11:00 AM, ametlib said:

Thank You, too but this video not answer to my question and yes - I have seen all Dude's videos.

As he add fuel to re-fuel gauge the numbers go up without any logic like this:

I would like to know is it possible to get exacly fuel quanity I need although virtual fuel cost nothing.

Why the manual not tell anything for this or is the manual since FSX/P3D? You don't answere this yet...

There’s no precise way to do it as the numbers are rounded. 

I’ve found that going past your intended figured then back down can oftentimes result in getting closer to what you need. Seems going down uses different increments to up. 

The real fuel panel only works in increments of 10kg. If you hold it while increasing, it will switch over to increments of 100kg so you are not standing there forever. So the closest you can get to a planned block fuel of 6009 is 6010kg. Not sure if the Aerosoft is reflecting this kind of behavior properly. 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am not sure if any pilot would actually care about 1 kg of fuel more.

But question was: Where is the manual?

And I think that 30-40 kg over fuel is not what pilots want. Extra fuel is calculated and it is what it is - correct? 100 kg extra fuel  is 100 kg - not 130 or 140 kg...

1 hour ago, ametlib said:

And I think that 30-40 kg over fuel is not what pilots want. Extra fuel is calculated and it is what it is - correct? 100 kg extra fuel  is 100 kg - not 130 or 140 kg...

I do believe it goes up by however long you hold down the switch for, so you can rock it back and forth till your OCD sets in at the correct figure. And pilots don't care for exact figures, the figure they want to be over is the minimum on their loadsheet and under the maximum they'll burn on the flight be under their landing weight. So 100kg over is just excess for the next crew.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, ametlib said:

For now anyway, the best source of information on the Fuel Panel is in The Dude's videos. Start at 35 seconds in on the episode 3 video here:

15 hours ago, Herman said:

For now anyway, the best source of information on the Fuel Panel is in The Dude's videos. Start at 35 seconds in on the episode 3 video here:

Mayby You don't read about what I wrote my post April 24? Usally users get answeres like that -> RTFM. Why it so hard to includ all nessessary information into manual? Lazy?

Today flight EGLC - LFRS

Flightplan made by SimBrief -> Calculated block fuel = 3522 kg and I got to Re-Fuel panel 3575 kg nearest value -> extra is +53 kg. This is a little bit more than 1 kg or abaot what You say?

Minus 3  heh-heh and why? Because I would like to ask something as a customer?

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, ametlib said:

Mayby You don't read about what I wrote my post April 24? Usally users get answeres like that -> RTFM. Why it so hard to includ all nessessary information into manual? Lazy?

You first asked, "About where I can find information for this panel to know how it's works?" and later added, "I would like to know about how to I set exactly same block fuel value I get from Simbrief - let say 6009 kg? As I use Increse/decrease switch it always go above or below but never get a correct value so about what is the problem? Why this equipment is let out from the CRJ manuals if I may ask?" CRJ gave you the correct answer to your first two questions (The panel only works in 10 kg increments). That's all you needed to answer the important questions of how and why it works as it does.

While I wasn't responsible for manual content, I can make a good guess at the the answer to the last question. With a printed manual that fills a two inch binder if printed out double sided (I know because I did it), it's pretty unfair to accuse the manual people of being lazy. The same with the considerable effort to provide The Dude's videos. Not everyone learns best from a manual, just as not everyone learns best from videos. Using the refueling panel isn't "necessary" for all users and my guess here is that a page or two on it was less effective than The Dude demonstrating it. But since you insist on wanting an answer to a content question, you'll likely have to wait for an answer from someone like Mathijs (who was responsible for deciding on content) for the official one rather than this quick answer to a 7 hour old question (at this writing).

13 hours ago, Herman said:

(The panel only works in 10 kg increments). That's all you needed to answer the important questions of how and why it works as it does.

Wrong statement, sorry.

Flightplan made by SimBrief -> Calculated block fuel = 3522 kg and I got to Re-Fuel panel 3575 kg nearest value -> extra is +53 kg. Show me a video where You set fuel 10 kg's step by step using Re-Fuel panel - thank You.

I think this not my false, not my computer or FS2020 and I'm read all CRJ's manuals and I also check FAQ and at the end asked from forum and now I feel I'm bad man as I asked a question the problem I want to make clear to my self. If this is not the problem others simmers but only me there is not a reason to ask as a customer from this forum - correct?

I think the point here is that it’s just not a big deal. Maybe it doesn’t work exactly as expected but I think a margin of even 100Kg is just not worth making a fuzz about this. 

Your question is answered in multiple ways now. You wanted to know how it works and where you could find information about it and you were pointed to all there is at this moment. 

You shouldn’t feel bad for asking that. But you should also see that you keep insisting on things that were already answered to the maximum degree possible. And to keep asking over and over again won’t bring new answers and could be perceived a bit … well … annoying ;) (also calling the devs lazy won’t get you anywhere ;) )

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, ametlib said:

Wrong statement, sorry.

Flightplan made by SimBrief -> Calculated block fuel = 3522 kg and I got to Re-Fuel panel 3575 kg nearest value -> extra is +53 kg. Show me a video where You set fuel 10 kg's step by step using Re-Fuel panel - thank You.

I think this not my false, not my computer or FS2020 and I'm read all CRJ's manuals and I also check FAQ and at the end asked from forum and now I feel I'm bad man as I asked a question the problem I want to make clear to my self. If this is not the problem others simmers but only me there is not a reason to ask as a customer from this forum - correct?

I am sorry, I simply do not see this as a big issue. It is listed in our systems as something we need at look at when there is time. But it has low priority as you seem to be the only one who find this so problematic. 

Archived