HUD Stuck in down position

Hi

The HUD is stuck in the down position - clicking the hinge does nothing.

This has happened since I unbound the wheel on my mouse to zoom in cockpit view (I find when rotating dials etc, it is quicker to use mouse wheel, but often zooms if your cursor is not precisely over the dial)

How do I make the HUD disappear - i have tried deleting all the "m" files form the packages and tried restarts.

Any advice appreciated

Did you try clicking on the screen itself? Clicking the hinge never worked for me. 

but it’s strange that it is in the down position because it usually is in the up position when starting the aircraft. 

maybe a key assignment problem?

8 minutes ago, Puuhbear said:

Did you try clicking on the screen itself? Clicking the hinge never worked for me. 

but it’s strange that it is in the down position because it usually is in the up position when starting the aircraft. 

maybe a key assignment problem?

I tried clicking the hinge - the screen - everywhere.  The other hotspots work as normal (eg the ref panel moves the stick up down/TO screw activates TO/TO)

I had this happen to me right after the update to 1.0.0.1 (the first flight, the HUD started in the down position and would not retract).  After closing MSFS and opening it again, the problem went away.  Very strange!

26 minutes ago, FlyByWire128 said:

I had this happen to me right after the update to 1.0.0.1 (the first flight, the HUD started in the down position and would not retract).  After closing MSFS and opening it again, the problem went away.  Very strange!

I have restarted again and now the click hot spot works for the HUD - not sure why it would not click before!  At least it had nothing to do with me unassigning the zoom from the mouse wheel!

Archived