Bravo thrust reverser issues (Zibo 737)

Hi everyone, 

I recently purchased the Bravo throttle quadrant and it’s all going really well except that I can’t seem to figure out how to assign the thrust reversers for use with the Zibo 737. I have searched the internet far and wide for a solution but i’m still having no luck. Is someone able to provide a clear outline of what settings they have which allows their reversers to operate? 

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Hi,

welcome to our forums.

I have moved you into our dedicated X-Plane forum, so you might get more suitable attention with your request.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a slightly different solution  for he Reversers then  I seen posted around . so I can  post later how I made it in the configurator. relatively straight forward . 

her is how i got it solved , to simulate as close as possible with the limited  ways  the "real" way to operate the reversers.

I show the screenshots for the settings here , if you want it uploaded as a profile let me know

Flipping the reverser lever will set a  "IDLE" -revers when  under "PRESS-EVENT" - The condition is: "sim/cockpit2/annunciators/reverser_on".

Please login to display this image.

and for the Release Event it will be  - "sim/cockpit2/annunciators/reverser_on" .......    for ENG REV 2 you will have to write "index = 1"

And for the "DETENT" on the same lever you can set this , so when basically if you flip up the reverser levers you get  "IDLE" reverse , and then if you pull harder  down in the detent with the lever you will get  FULL / MAX reverse.

see this pictures to see the settings

This can be made a lot simpler. I use "sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle_1 and toggle_2. In both Press and Release events.

There are also number 3 and 4

So when you lift reverse levers idle reverse is applied and you can add some trust with engine lever if you want more reverse power, more realistic. I never use Full reverse unless emergency

Then when you put them down same command turns off reverse. Very simple, it toggles reverse.

In case this gets out of sync I have added the same command in the Detent of the lever so I can get it into sync. I always does a reverse check before starting engines.

If wrong I just push engine lever down to Detent to fix it.

Have made this to all my aircrafts, zibo, Toliss Airbus, FF 767 and A320 Ultimate , SSG Ejets + other payware and it works in all of them.

This is a default XP command that you can find in the Dropdown box, search for "reverse". But....

IMPORTANT Read

There is a little bug in config tool that does not save this if you only select some command from dropdown box and press Save

Fix is to enter something in Value and delete it right away. I enter a some digit then Backspace to clear it.

There is a subject here somewhere about "Does not save in config file".

Aerosoft it aware of this and will fix it. But until then add something in Value and delete it.

If the same problem is with Alpha yoke I do not know but if try this workaround.

This seems maybe a little strange Lever 3 to Engine 1. Me testing around and it ended like this. Will change it.

20 hours ago, perwel said:

This seems maybe a little strange Lever 3 to Engine 1. Me testing around and it ended like this. Will change it.

It makes more sense to have it on  lever 3 and 4 since you want a gap between  the speedbrakelever and your throttle.

Then when you put them down same command turns off reverse. Very simple, it toggles reverse.

In case this gets out of sync I have added the same command in the Detent of the lever so I can get it into sync. I always does a reverse check before starting engines.

If wrong I just push engine lever down to Detent to fix it.

true, but unfortunately a "toggle" command is  very unpredictable in X-plane . and does not account for the fact that you might do changes to levers and  buttons from within the sim  and not only from the hardware , so hat is why you would want some other  "check"-value o compare your  commands with.

This can be made a lot simpler. I use "sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle_1 and toggle_2. In both Press and Release events.

There are also number 3 and 4

So when you lift reverse levers idle reverse is applied and you can add some trust with engine lever if you want more reverse power, more realistic.

also true ,  but not really realistic on a 737  to push throttles forward to get more reverse thrust  :P, although you are correct regarding the  "IDLE"  reverse  , to get it more consistent to a normal idle reverse you can   use  the toggle command as you mention .. just compare it to the actual  position or the reverse , and then you will get rid of your bug

I never use Full reverse unless emergency

You would use  FULL/max reverse on a slippery runway for example  or a short one   depending on the situationa nd that is not  an emergency ....  anyway , I´m not bashing your comments I´m just saying   there is always 15 different  reasons for doing one thing or another =D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,

After many months of waiting, I received my Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant last Friday.

I will use it on MSFS 2020, P3Dv5 and X_Plane 11. I started to configure it on MSFS 2020 without any particular problem. For P3Dv5 I haven't started yet.

For X-Plane 11, I have a problem that I can't solve.

It concerns the thrust reverser control on the Zibo 737-800, the SSG 747-8 Intercontinental. I also have the FF A320 and the FF 777 but I have no problems with it, the thrust reversers work. On the basic 737-800 as well as the basic 747-400 supplied with X-Plane, I also have no worries, but I am not very interested in these.

I think the problem on all 2 planes must be the same.

From the throttle configuration interface in X-plane I configure the thrust reversers on buttons 7 and 8 for the 737-800 Zibo with the choice Hold thrust reverse at max #1 and 2. For the SSG 747-8, I use buttons 7, 8, 9 and 10 for Hold thrust reverse at max #1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively.
Once this configuration is done, it doesn't work. I then tried with the Toggle thrust reverse value but it doesn't work any better.

I tried using the previous info from this thread in the Honeycomb configuration tool but no luck. The screenshots are not very clear to me. As soon as I want to put a value to a variable, this one is refused at the time to make the connection thanks to the plugin of configuration. Some variables indicated do not even exist. It is true that I am more user than programmer. I'm a bit overwhelmed!!!

Since three days, I do not advance, perhaps that the solution is very simple but by dint of having the nose on it I do not understand anything more.

If you could help me, I would be grateful!

I come back to you because in fact the Zibo 737-800 and the SSG 747-8 Intercontinental respond correctly to the Bravo Throttle configuration.

After a half day of doing other things, I came back to my problem which was not a problem!

In fact, unlike the basic 737-800 and the basic 747-400, the reverses on Zibo and SSG only work under certain conditions which were not met. I didn't realize this and thought it didn't work.

So I tried a flight on both planes and it actually works correctly. So it's OK for me.

• Aerosoft

I'm glad you have found a solution to your issue.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived