LEMD XP11 + Ortho4XP. How?

Hi there!

I got my copy from the xplane store and i have downloaded both the scenery and the 30+mbytes ortho4xp patch.

Within the patch file I reckon the folders +40-010/+40-004 and two files which I assume they are the ones missing in Aerosoft - LEMD Madrid - 02 - Mesh/Patches.

I assume the contents of the patch file were meant to be in that folder mentioned above, and thats where I've placed them.

The scenery works without issues for as long as I dont put my orthoscenery (or UHD for that matter) on the mix.

If I want to use ortho4xp, where am I supposed to copy the folders from the patch? in Aerosoft - LEMD Madrid - 02 - Mesh/Earth Nav Data? 

Can it be merged with the contents of the current folder? or should I rename 02 - Mesh/Earth Nav Data/+40-010/ to +40-010_old

and drop the folders from the patch? Should it be placed somewhere else? should it stay as it is ?

I have no idea whats the procedure. If anyone can confirm what to do , that would be great.

Side note: One way to blend everything -lemd and your ortho without patch whatsoever- is forcing xplane's runways not to

follow the terrain's contours, but this breaks other scenery i own, so this is not a solution.

THank you.

Luis.

One of the files in the ortho4xp patch is an osm, does it mean we have to use it with world2xplane to somehow

recompile the mesh/scenery?? 

Does anybody know what to do with the patch?  

• Developer

Just put the 'Patches' folder coming with the Madrid package into your Ortho4xp folder and generate the tile again - this should work if the correct file structure is applied to the Madrid patches folder (I think it is but I don't have the scenery so I can't check myself).

• Thanks 1

Hi there FlyAgi.

I was just going to write back that I managed to get this done, just exactly as you said. The patch needs to be added to the "patches" folder in ortho4xp , and then

you have to generate the tile again. This works for me now. Once you know what to do , it makes perfect sense. Thanks for answering.

The video linked below gave me the hints to get it done.

Let me express some concern...

Maybe I am the only one who got this wrong, but the scenery is advertised in a way that it gives the impression that it comes packed with a "patch" what will make

the airport compatible with any existing ortho4sc "scenery" . After all, AS released Malaga and it works like a charm with  anything you throw at it.

People needs to know this is NOT the same case.

Only those who understand how ortho4xp works to some moderate degree will  catch the meaning of "PATCH" , and,  they will understand that you have to use LEMD's patch

as reference file so ortho4xp will use the information packed in that file, for that  specific airport, and you'll have to do the same tile again.

I reckon people wont be happy knowing that they will have to either wait for SPAIN UHD to recompile 40 -004 in order to make it fully compatible with your scenery,

or learn some stuff (english first thing and then ortho4xp) before they will be able to approach Madrid with some photoscenery.... 

IMHO, some clarification is in place: either in the webpage, or in the pdf included in the download, or the patch file (although it might be too late at this point!).

And thats it, end of concern note.

Thanks for the scenery.

Thanks Luis for the clarification. I think it is not adequate how this airport was released.  SpainUHD is a standard tool that many people use for Spain. I cannot understand why Aerosoft did not make it compatible with SpainUHD.....Or at least why do Aerosoft gives the possibility of not using the aerosoft ortho with LEMD?

6 minutes ago, Rylabics said:

Thanks Luis for the clarification. I think it is not adequate how this airport was released.  SpainUHD is a standard tool that many people use for Spain. I cannot understand why Aerosoft did not make it compatible with SpainUHD.....Or at least why do Aerosoft gives the possibility of not using the aerosoft ortho with LEMD?

Playing the devil's advocate, they can release it the way they want... :D

Just now, Rylabics said:

By the way I succeded to change the file +40-004.dsf in the mesh folder of the LEMD airport and it is now compatible with SpainUHD

What did you change? .. how did you change it?

• Like 1

• Developer
vor 33 Minuten, LuisO sagte:

After all, you released Malaga and it works like a charm with  anything you throw at it.

People needs to know this is NOT the same case.

This is because of the custom mesh - I think Malaga has no custom mesh so you don't need to patch anything. The Ortho4xp patching stuff is a pretty common thing and about all sceneries using custom meshes work this way, they all ship patches for ortho4xp these days and the procedure to apply the patch is always the same.

vor 35 Minuten, LuisO sagte:

SPAIN UHD

Another approach on Spain UHD is to create one single Ortho4xp tile using the mesh patch and use this ortho mesh tile for the airport instead of Spain UHD. Outside the aiport's tile you will then see normal Spain UHD orthos and around the airport you will see the custom created and patched ortho4xp tile.

In the end the developers did everything they can do when using a custom mesh, they provided an ortho4xp patch and there is nothing more they can do. This is still down to the way X-Plane handles meshes and it's unability to patch them on the fly so whenever a developer uses a custom mesh these issues may occur and there is absolutely nothing to avoid this aside from the idea of just not to use a custom mesh - but then other users will come up complaining why the airport is flattened and this is no payware style and so on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is not probably the way to do that. I just was doing some tests and I used the dsf file of https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/56641-lemd-madrid-barajas/ probably there are some differences but SpainUHD it is working and the rest of the airport seems ok to me. Maybe can the dsf file can be modified with WED. That will be the best way probably if the files of aerosoft are accesible with WED

1 minute ago, Rylabics said:

It is not probably the way to do that. I just was doing some tests and I used the dsf file of https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/56641-lemd-madrid-barajas/ probably there are some differences but SpainUHD it is working and the rest of the airport seems ok to me. Maybe can the dsf file can be modified with WED. That will be the best way probably if the files of aerosoft are accesible with WED

Ahh the good old "merge" technique. Probably AS wont be happy, but if it gets the job done thats what matters.  Also, if it turns out to be okay, it's a lot quicker and easier than doing a new tile with ortho4xp . Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

🙂 I will try with WED because there are still a couple of minor things but for me it is anyway better than without SpainUHD. Without SpainUHD the immersion is killed...

I have to add LuisO's problems. I bought and installed LEMD and am using ortho4XP for which I reran the tiles using the included patch. Besides some missing objects warning, the result is as if part is submerged in a swamp looking as follows: 

Please login to display this image.

Log.txt

vor 18 Stunden , Dornier728 sagte:

I have to add LuisO's problems. I bought and installed LEMD and am using ortho4XP for which I reran the tiles using the included patch. Besides some missing objects warning, the result is as if part is submerged in a swamp looking as follows: 

Log.txt 337 kB · 0 downloads

Turned out I confused the Aerosoft scene with a downloaded freeware scenery which was still overlapping the AS scenery. Problem solved.

• 4 months later...

I think I've applied the Ortho4XP patch correctly. But does anyone know what I need to do in the Ortho4XP settings to avoid this step effect, please?

On 4/22/2021 at 7:29 PM, Rylabics said:

🙂 I will try with WED because there are still a couple of minor things but for me it is anyway better than without SpainUHD. Without SpainUHD the immersion is killed...

we did reach out the dev's of Spain UHD and they refused to adjust there mesh in anyway and pointed out they do not work with any scenery development dev's so really the fact you don't have Spain uhd compatibility is on them and not us. see we have our own custom mesh we had to have made because of the control tower up by terminal 4. This is just to make you aware that's all.

On 9/13/2021 at 8:45 AM, ashj24uk said:

we did reach out the dev's of Spain UHD and they refused to adjust there mesh in anyway and pointed out they do not work with any scenery development dev's so really the fact you don't have Spain uhd compatibility is on them and not us. see we have our own custom mesh we had to have made because of the control tower up by terminal 4. This is just to make you aware that's all.

Hi, please could you let me know if there's anything I can do to avoid the step effect just outside the airport (to the west of Terminal 1 - see photo above) when using Ortho4XP?

16 hours ago, booga said:

Hi, please could you let me know if there's anything I can do to avoid the step effect just outside the airport (to the west of Terminal 1 - see photo above) when using Ortho4XP?

Have you got runways follow contours ticked? because i just double checked mine and its not like that.

33 minutes ago, ashj24uk said:

Have you got runways follow contours ticked? because i just double checked mine and its not like that.

Yes, I have. Would you mind sharing your orth4xp settings file for this tile, please?

17 hours ago, ashj24uk said:

These are the same settings I've used, but I always get the step in terrain.

Just to clarify: I'm copying the "+40-010" folder from "AS_AIRPORT-MADRID_XPLANE_OTHO4XP-PATCH" into the Ortho4XP "Patches" folder before generating the tile. Then I'm placing the LEMD Airport scenery above all other scenery in my "scenery_packs" config file, and disabling the LEMD Mesh scenery. Is this the correct procedure?