Panel state changes and FMC deletes randomly

NightOfDreams

Edit: I posted this because the panel state seemed to randomly change to "cold and dark" during my pre-flight. I use two monitors during my flights and frequently switch back and forth, and switching seemed to cause the panel state to change.

However, upon reading another thread, I determined the likely cause is that I'm accidently selecting a different panel state in the EFB when I bring my cursor back to the primary display and click within MSFS to make it the "active" monitor. 

For now, I'll consider this solved; going forward, I won't leave the EFB on the "Aircraft" page any longer. It would be helpful to require confirmation that a user wants to change a panel state to avoid accidentally changing the state.

My post above is incorrect, I am in fact having an issue with the panel state changing when I am multitasking on my secondary monitor.

It happened again tonight at the end of my flight. I clicked on another program (vPilot) on my taskbar (on secondary display) and the panel state changed again. This is now the 4th time this has happened to me.

I confirm that I did NOT accidentally click on any button on the EFB page, as I was being extremely careful not to.

This only happens when the "Aircraft" page is open on the EFB (the page which changes the panel state). So in the meantime I can't use that page except when needed; however, I often forget and leave it on, thereby risking the panel state changing on its own when I multitask on my other monitor to pull up charts, etc.

It’s a simulator issue. It also happens with stock aircraft. But not noticed that often when no click spot is on the edge of the monitor. 

workaround is (as you already found out) to not have the Aircraft page open when dragging the mouse to the left monitor or to position your camera ingame so that no click spot is on the edge. 

4 hours ago, Puuhbear said:

It’s a simulator issue. It also happens with stock aircraft. But not noticed that often when no click spot is on the edge of the monitor. 

workaround is (as you already found out) to not have the Aircraft page open when dragging the mouse to the left monitor or to position your camera ingame so that no click spot is on the edge. 

Thanks for the confirmation. So my understanding is that a click spot on the edge of the monitor in which MSFS is active can be triggered when multitasking between separate monitors. 

As you mentioned, the only solution is to remember not to leave the Aircraft page up, or to change the camera angle. I just have to remember that- this always happens when I forget, and then I just quit the flight because I don't feel like reprogramming everything from the beginning again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

We have added a precaution so that it's now impossible to select a panel state through the EFB unless you have parking brake set. It's already part of the released 1.0.0.1 update. This should at least prevent accidental panel state switch during flight.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived