What exactly is the difference between 550/700 and the new 900/1000 version from a cockpit or pilot‘s perspective?

Besides longer range, do the bigger CRJ‘s have different systems or cockpit workflows? 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First images of the larger versions. Next Liveries are SAS, Air Nostrum, Air France Hop! and a nice SkyWest 35th anniversary paint. All new fuselage, wings and belly.    

And here come SAS...    Stefan has been experimenting some more with textures and these latest models render faster and have smaller memory demands.    

V1.0.2.0 Update 2 - Changed ETA calculation to base on current UTC time instead of ATD - Fixed NAV frequencies on MCDU Radio Page showing 0.0 after LOC tuned - Fixed Coupled VNAV not initiating

Posted Images

I guess Mathijs said somewhere that they are identical. So i dont expect too much difference. IRL the CRJ1000 has FlyByWire and better avionics than the CRJ900. But thats taken from info on the net, im not a CRJ expert by any means.

vor 23 Stunden , StanTGM sagte:

What exactly is the difference between 550/700 and the new 900/1000 version from a cockpit or pilot‘s perspective?

Besides longer range, do the bigger CRJ‘s have different systems or cockpit workflows? 

Here at CLH there is nearly no difference between CRJ700 and 900 in the cockpit layout , only performance and landing technique is different.

We were flying them both parallel with only a short transition from 700 to 900 for about approx. 2 years.

Workflow was the same.

We were not allowed to fly them both at one day, only under daily special cimumstances (AOG, Flight plan change actual, .....)

• Thanks 3
  • Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Pilotrs said:

only under daily special cimumstances (AOG, Flight plan change actual, .....)

So you flew them both every day... :)

• Like 4

Any chance a regular Delta-SkyWest (and/or Endeavor) livery will be created, too, like on the CR7? While the SkyWest 35th Anniversary livery does look really nice, that aircraft was repainted into the regular DL livery in 2011, so it hasn't been around for a whole decade. It would be nice to have a more realistic one to fly, though I'm sure it won't take long for a third party one to be created after the release.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Root Admin
25 minutes ago, NetworkerExpress said:

Stunning looking liveries so far. I feel that repainters'll have quite a bit of fun with the various Air Nostrum/Iberia liveries they carried. Can't wait!

But as said, we went back to 2k textures and more decals. It just looks way better than 4k textures.  And a lot of repainters do not seem to get that idea yet.

• Like 6
On 25.4.2021 at 13:54, Pilotrs sagte:

Hallo

Wird der CRJ900/1000 ein Update sein oder ein komplett neues Flugzeug.

Dies würde meine Kaufentscheidung ändern, ich würde mir nicht beide kaufen wollen, aber sonst jetzt schon den 700er fliegen und später auf das Update 900er warten.

Gruß Pilotrs

Angekündigt und kommuniziert wurde, dass die 900/1000 Varianten zusätzlich zur 550/700  Version gibt mit einem Aufpreis. 

ich habe das so verstanden, dass man die 550/700 braucht und sich dann, wenn gewünscht, die 900/1000 dazukaufen kann. 

On 4/24/2021 at 10:18 AM, EasternT3 said:

Well the base package released on the 16 March

Well, then we're already at roughly the 6 week beginning of the window, but aside from that post, I don't know where those dates came from or if they're accurate.  Is this an addon to our existing CRJ purchase, or an additional buy?

9 hours ago, KevyKevTPA said:

Well, then we're already at roughly the 6 week beginning of the window, but aside from that post, I don't know where those dates came from or if they're accurate.  Is this an addon to our existing CRJ purchase, or an additional buy?

It’s an additional buy. Think we’re looking at just under half of what the original addon cost. 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, KevyKevTPA said:

Yes we are at 6 weeks, but it could be another 6 weeks (or longer), the 6-12 week period came directly from Mathijs, so I would say it's the most accurate you will get, and as Bobby said, it's an additional purchase as 17 euros (I think)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the differences of the CRJ 550/700/900/1000. I know each has different capacities in terms of passengers but why does the 700 and 1000, having the higher capacity versions despite having the same fuselage, have more range than the 550 and 900 at lesser capacity? I'm unsure about the 900/1000 but I would have thought that since the CRJ 550 carries less people, has less seats therefore less empty weight, why wouldn't it have a longer range?

Also the CRJ 550 doesn't have any toilets in the cabin... (also the emission texture in the CRJ-550 is the emission texture from the CRJ-700).

• Developer
vor 7 Stunden , CaptCherrie sagte:

Regarding the differences of the CRJ 550/700/900/1000. I know each has different capacities in terms of passengers but why does the 700 and 1000, having the higher capacity versions despite having the same fuselage, have more range than the 550 and 900 at lesser capacity? I'm unsure about the 900/1000 but I would have thought that since the CRJ 550 carries less people, has less seats therefore less empty weight, why wouldn't it have a longer range?

Also the CRJ 550 doesn't have any toilets in the cabin... (also the emission texture in the CRJ-550 is the emission texture from the CRJ-700).

Quote: "Also the CRJ 550 doesn't have any toilets in the cabin"

This is a plain wrong assumption. The CRJ550 has its toilet at the aft end of the cabin in realworld.

Quote: "..also the emission texture in the CRJ-550 is the emission texture from the CRJ-700.."

This is a plain wrong assumption. The CRJ550 model got its realworld cabin layout also in our 3d model version which differs strongly from that of the 700. So the same emissive map on both models would never work here.