ASUdater Installation Location Incorrect

Attached is a screenshot of the settings for the installation of LIMC scenery.

Note where the ASUpdater is set to be installed. I'm setting up a new computer and this is the first Aerosoft software to be installed (I have many Aerosoft products).

I'm pretty certain that the updater should be in ...\ericd\Documents\... and not ...\ericd\OneDrive\Documents\...

This behavior continues even after I delete the folder ...\Users\ericd\OneDrive. Something in the Registry causing this?

I certainly do not want to use OneDrive for any installations.

Any ideas why the LIMC installer would do this and how to fix it?

Thank you

Please login to display this image.

ASVersionInfo output attached. I see it contains a reference to OneDrive.

Also, my Registry contains this reference:

Please login to display this image.

located in the Registry here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store

Thank you

ASVersionInfo Output.TXT

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, F4RIO said:

I see it contains a reference to OneDrive.

Indeed and this is an indication that your documents folder is still somehow linked to OneDrive. There are several instructions in the web how to unlink it from OneDrive.

Indeed there are; so I tried one and ran the Version Info program again and it still contains the entries

Documents Folder:
Environment.GetFolderPath = C:\Users\ericd\Documents
Shell Folders\Personal =    C:\Users\ericd\OneDrive\Documents

I think the last line is the problem but the corresponding Registry entry does not show this, it shows

%USERPROFILE%\Documents

Anyway, I installed LIMC and it put the ASUpdater in the wrong place; it actually created the a OneDrive folder (I had deleted it!).

So I copied the Aerosoft (containing the updater) folder to where its supposed to be and the updater ran, undated itself, and I was able to update LIMC, so it seems to work.

So now I need to start installing my Aerosoft A/C (A318/319/320/321/330 and CRJ) and other Aerosoft scenery. Do you think they will install correctly?

If not, the only other solution I know is to reinstall Windows 10, etc and start over.

Any further suggestions/advise would be welcome.

Thank you

Archived