Issues with DIRECT-TO screen

Hopefully Aerosoft can address this issue as I'm able to reproduce this issue consistently (across three different flights) and provide evidence and steps to reproduce. My route is very simple: KLGA/13 MERIT ROBUC3.MERIT KBOS/22L

The LEGS page correctly shows a discontinuity followed by MERIT, RUIZE, and AWLIN -- the beginning of the ROBUC3 arrival into Boston:

Please login to display this image.

Unfortunately, the first DIRECT-TO page is empty:

The second DIRECT-TO page is populated, but omits MERIT, RUIZE, and AWLIN:

I suspect that this has something to do with the discontinuity. I tested out deleting it from the LEGS page, and now everything shows up correctly on DIRECT-TO page 1:

Additionally, note that the altitude restrictions on the DIRECT-TO pages are incorrect. This is the worst instance I've seen of this (though to be fair I haven't looked at these on the ground before), but in other flights I've had a mix of correct values here and some that are seemingly random as they appear on this flight. This was covered in more detail in another thread I created:

Here is a video demonstrating setting up the FMS from the beginning so you can replicate my steps. Unfortunately I didn't capture the part where removing the discontinuity fixed the DIRECT-TO screen, but my screenshots above should capture this.

To summarize, there are two issues here:

1. The discontinuity at the beginning of the flightplan seemed to cause the first DIRECT-TO page to be blank, preventing going direct to any of the first three waypoints.
  2. The altitude restrictions are not correct on the DIRECT-TO page though they are correct on LEGS.

Excellent, thanks, I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to all of these little kinks to be worked out hopefully in the near future. The CRJ has been a blast to learn and is a lot more interesting to fly than an Airbus or something that requires less attention from the pilot. Overall I'm pretty impressed.

• 4 weeks later...

I assume/hope this is one of the items addressed in the next patch that's currently in beta, but I just watched this video that Mathjis linked in the Videos, reviews, articles section of this forum that I found immensely helpful. In the segment starting at 1:38:22, the real-world CRJ pilot explains the differences between Aerosoft's implementation of this screen and what's featured on the actual aircraft. It would be fantastic if this could be updated to match if it hasn't been already. This was the only item that really stood out as a significant difference from the real aircraft which is quite impressive.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this was supposed to have been fixed in the latest release (I can't find the release notes but I believe they mentioned the DIRECT screen but if I recall correctly it was for another issue), but I just experienced it again FLYING MYEH FOWEE FLIPR7 KMIA. Since I wasn't flying a SID, there was a discontinuity at the beginning of my flight plan and that resulted in an empty first page meaning I couldn't select my first few waypoints to go direct. I was able to work around this by removing the discontinuity, but I don't think that should be necessary.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pltskiracer said:

Mathijs, this has been reported and commented on numerous times. 

Is the Direct To function working correctly according to Aerosoft?  

It's an important feature, so I'm sure the team appreciates your interest.  Mathijs has already said he's checking on it (see post above yours), I'm sure he'll get back on this ASAP.

Best wishes!

I just gave the aircraft a test flight. Direct To, and legs modification etc is a complete mess. 

They know about the problems, they just choose to 'ignore' the comments from the community. They will look into it next week is the response. I would rather they inform us why they are not able to rectify/fix the problems. We know they know about the issues. Why are they not able to fix the lateral navigational issues mentioned in this and previous posts?

13 minutes ago, Pltskiracer said:

I just gave the aircraft a test flight. Direct To, and legs modification etc is a complete mess. 

They know about the problem, they just choose to ignore the comments from the community. They will look into it next week is the response. I would rather you inform us why you are not able to rectify/fix the problem. We know you know about the issue. Just be honest, why are you not able to fix the lateral navigational issues mentioned in this and previous posts?

Please don't invoke "community" or "We" this is a YOU Statement.  You are are demanding answers and responses on a Sunday...  You are invoking ASAP....  I don't think anyone here is paying a Service Level Agreement that entitles that level of support and response.

The will look into it... They will do what they can with the team they have to try to rectify it.....  Seems strange that a Sim Update can still have issues with Altitude reporting for the AI but you can't understand that some things (bugs) are hard to find...

1 hour ago, Pltskiracer said:

They know about the problems, they just choose to 'ignore' the comments from the community. They will look into it next week is the response. I would rather they inform us why they are not able to rectify/fix the problems. We know they know about the issues. Why are they not able to fix the lateral navigational issues mentioned in this and previous posts?

Here ya go.  This may help. 

Please don't let this thread get derailed into a flame war. The issues I described above are the ones I'm most eager to see fixed and I don't want this to get closed.

Archived