Possibly to get an update regarding patch progress?

jstnj

Hello ladies and gents of Aerosoft,

Wondering if it's possible to get an update on the, uh, update... :)

I see a high level of responsiveness from Aerosoft employees (and testers) saying "yep, your problem is known and will be in the next patch"...which is great, but keeping tabs on what is currently known/being tracked and when those will be addressed as a user is pretty difficult.

Currently, I am mainly waiting for fixes related to the throttle (and engine spool) response, and a few other things (e.g. broken ETA in MCDU page). I know others are waiting for their problems to be fixed too and hoping for news.

I was hoping you could possibly share a loose ETA for the next patch?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Seems like Carenado got access to WX radar. Any comments from Aerosoft?

https://www.facebook.com/Carenado/posts/3883291248414327

Weather radar is possible if you access the sim core through the native JavaScript/html gauges that are used in the default aircraft which is what Carenado does - although even in the default aircraft, the radar is not really a “radar” - it is actually just a colorized cloud map.

The CRJ is written in C++ using WASM to generate complied DLL files that work in the sandboxed MSFS environment. It is not yet possible to access any internal simulator information about clouds or precipitation using that system. The SDK has no provision for that under WASM (yet), but that is not to say that such support won’t eventually be added by Asobo. 

@JRBarrett thanks for explaining that. Are you able to give us some more insight on what’s the latest patch will bring to the table ?

When can we expect it ... speaking for myself but this isn't a freeware product  ... and some updates on what your team is doing would go a long way for a community. 

8 minutes ago, Kamil M said:

@JRBarrett thanks for explaining that. Are you able to give us some more insight on what’s the latest patch will bring to the table ?

When can we expect it ... speaking for myself but this isn't a freeware product  ... and some updates on what your team is doing would go a long way for a community. 

I’m really not in a position to say. The glideslope issue is a primary focus right now. It is a very complex problem. Any official word on updates would come only from Mathijs or Hans

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ladies and gents, the OP's question was answered by JR Barrett in his latest post here as much as is possible at this time. Historically for Aerosoft, a timeline isn't given for resolving an issue that's still under investigation. Even on a path to resolution, which can only come after the issue is fully understood, publicly posted timelines/estimates are so subject to unforeseeable issues that they have little value to the community. That's based on long history and still trying to be as transparent as possible.

The thread is heading for toxic territory, so I'm locking it for now (not closing it), along with hiding a couple of posts that don't help anyone's understanding. Mathijs or someone in a position to provide an estimated date can reopen it when ready.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived