Wind indications and aircraft location label disappeared on both navigation displays

Andrea P.

I just loaded another flight with my CRJ and decided to get rid of the wind indications, aircraft location and I don't know yet what else from the Navigation Display. They completely disappeared since the beginning of this new flight with no reasons...

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Andrea P. said:

I just loaded another flight with my CRJ and decided to get rid of the wind indications, aircraft location and I don't know yet what else from the Navigation Display. They completely disappeared since the beginning of this new flight with no reasons...

Because settinggs are saved?

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is very strange. Seems indeed that it's simply not rendering some functions for the ND.

Are you able to recreate or was this just one off event?

I was struggling with that since yesterday. Not found yet a clear condition where it happens. Is not a unique happened situation, it happened few times in the last days but not consequently situations. Unfortunately up to now I'm not able to replicate (even reloading twice the same flight setting..nothing).

Aaaadn exactly, looks like if sometimes is missing to load some of the functionalities at all.

In case I'm able to find a "steps sequence" to replicate it I keep you posted but not the easiest thing to replicate this time.

Further details from today.

It happened again but I realized in which condition.

I made 2 flights in a row with a short turn-around time on ground.

When I arrive while vacating the RWY the FMS is resetting properly, I switch on the APU while taxiing and I park the a/c. Then I place in AUTO the APU GEN source. I switch off GEN 1 and 2 switches, switch off the throttles to shutdown engines and I switch off the FUEL pumps. A this stage I just to my turn around and prepare the next flight in therms of FMS and Weights (with EFB).

Once I load the new route and I make it active the new indications are appearing properly on th Navigation Display EXCEPT for the A/C location, heading/track bugs, wind info....

So is happening something while doing the turn-around. Most probably is "loosing" those features of the N.D. when is resetting the FMS?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am unable to recreate like so. I have preformed multiple turnarounds without the ND losing some features. So very hard to say what exactly is the cause here for you.

Could you maybe try to take a full video from the next turnaround with the ND visible as a 2D pop out. And try to capture the exact moment where you lose there features on the ND.

I may try, strange to say but I "never" recorded anything in my life on the PC :D :D

Keep you posted when I have a video and/or further inputs (luckly I may also find something repeatable).

Tks for now!

Archived