Extreme FPS (1-2 fps) when loading aircraft

Frafty

Hey all,

I'm getting this all of a sudden, and I can't figure out why. Whenever I try to load the CRJ (either) into an airport, the slideshow begins to where it's like 1 frame per second. Extremely different, but now I can't get the CRJ to load without this happening. When the simulator finally loads inside the flight deck, it's extreme freezing. It sometimes takes me a bit to try to escape. 

I've done quite a few uninstalls and re-installs and to no avail. The only way I can figure out how to get it to launch without this extreme FPS loss is to load another a/c, go into dev mode, aircraft selector, then launch it.

In the video you'll see the airport loading screen, 1fps as it goes through it's normal view panning, then I finally get into the flight deck after rage clicking "Ready to Fly!", and you can see the extreme stutters. This didn't use to happen. It happened once flying out of KPHX the other day, reloaded the sim, it worked. Now, regardless of what airport I try to spawn it, regardless of whichever variant I try to spawn, day/night, this happens constantly...despite about 2-3 reinstalls. 

Here's a video: https://www.loom.com/share/991b5fd6167b42c087c4a9612a6e22c6

Update - this may be isolated to Monterey Airport (KMRY). Just attempted to load in again for maybe the 5th time, and same result as the video above. Tried Spokane (KGEG) and another random field and it loaded in fine.

9 hours ago, Frafty said:

Hmm, yeah, okay. I have no answer. haha just avoid KMRY until the next update I guess!

Hopefully this is not another airport-specific frame rate bug like the once that was present at 76T airport in Texas after sim update 3. Asobo had to issue a hotfix a few weeks ago to address that. I will try KMRY in the CRJ later today. If that particular airport does indeed cause repeatable poor performance, it will need to be reported to Zendesk. 

On 4/18/2021 at 3:06 AM, Frafty said:

Update - this may be isolated to Monterey Airport (KMRY). Just attempted to load in again for maybe the 5th time, and same result as the video above. Tried Spokane (KGEG) and another random field and it loaded in fine.

default KMRY or an addon.  If an addon, which one so maybe it can be replicated

I just went and ran circuits at KMRY, latest MSFS update, latest CRJ, latest Nvidia drivers.

No problems with either the default or the addon KMRY. 50+ fps and smooth.

I have had the same issue at EGKK Gatwick . The first time immediately  after landing almost froze 1 or 2 fps. When I next tried to load at a gate I got 10 mins use then the frame rate crashed again . I haven't wanted to use it since.

Anyone with this problem, are you using Navigraph sim link?  If so, check to make sure it has not crashed.  It may still show active, but if it has crashed you will get this issue.  To fix just restart navigraph simlink.  This has been an on going issue that I am not sure has been rectified.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m having strange issue since last MSFS Hotfix, experiencing many CTDs of CRJ and sudden loss of FPS, while in preflight preparation fps drops to 1-2fps, sometimes to 10-15fps, when I check task manager, my 3D performance under GPU section drops proportionally to FPS in SIM. I’m trying to find association ether with MSFS or CRJ. No other addon is causing it. As I’ve never had any CTDs with MSFS and CRJ until latest MSFS hotfix and windows update..(BSODs…) I suspect it as a combination of issues…anyway, I will continue investigate. Event viewer doesn’t contain any valuable data for troubleshooting…

Thanks,

Rado

On 5/18/2021 at 9:21 AM, rado said:

I’m having strange issue since last MSFS Hotfix, experiencing many CTDs of CRJ and sudden loss of FPS, while in preflight preparation fps drops to 1-2fps, sometimes to 10-15fps, when I check task manager, my 3D performance under GPU section drops proportionally to FPS in SIM. I’m trying to find association ether with MSFS or CRJ. No other addon is causing it. As I’ve never had any CTDs with MSFS and CRJ until latest MSFS hotfix and windows update..(BSODs…) I suspect it as a combination of issues…anyway, I will continue investigate. Event viewer doesn’t contain any valuable data for troubleshooting…

Thanks,

Rado

try deleting your rolling cache.  You may have something in the cache that is incompatible with the new update.  For example, I started seeing random trees at airports.  This went away, and has yet to come back, after I deleted the cache.  I now delete the cache on every update.

11 hours ago, Crabby said:

try deleting your rolling cache.  You may have something in the cache that is incompatible with the new update.  For example, I started seeing random trees at airports.  This went away, and has yet to come back, after I deleted the cache.  I now delete the cache on every update.

Thank for advice,

I delete rolling cache after each update, as I’ve experience this type of issues before, crashes fps reductions.

Rado

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/22/2021 at 11:14 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Unless somebody real quick finds a link to the  CRJ (that we simply can't see) I think I am going to close this topic or at least move it out of the CRJ section.

I just ran a flight out of KMRY to Orbx Burbank (KBUR, and a demanding airport for frames) with smooth graphics all the way down in the CRJ. Lots of panning and switching views too. I'm just not seeing this as a CRJ specific issue.

i9-9900KF (no overclocking), EVGA GTX108Ti 11GB VRAM (watercooled/factory overclock), 64GB RAM, 4K 32" monitor. Not a particularly high end rig. I'm looking for smoothness and no stutters rather than frames. That said, if my frames were as the OP noticed, I'm sure I'd be aware I was watching a slide show. Not disputing what the OP had, simply not seeing it too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived