Speed keeps decreasing

Azorian77

Hi,

I notice since the MFS update the CRJ just keeps losing speed,I’m at FL290 doing around 290/280 knots  and everything is nice and smooth and then after a while the aircraft just keeps losing speed slowly down to 140/120 knots to the point of stalling.

Even getting the throttle to max power  the speed doesn’t even go up.

Before this latest update I did around 20 flights with the CRJ and never had any issue so I’m wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall the plane again.

Had the same at crusin FL370

NO icing ... NO clouds ... NO ice warning light. De-icing on had NO effect whatsoever.

dropping back to FL290 worked ( suggesting invisible icing ? ) 

sorry but i do not see this in the FAQ

For anyone experiencing an unexplained loss of airspeed or altitude in cruise, if you are using a hardware axis lever in MSFS assigned to “spoilers” I recommend removing that controller binding for now. Although MSFS does provide that axis, it does not work correctly with the CRJ, and could possibly lead to the spoilers becoming extended (aerodynamically) without being deployed visually or on the flight control synoptic page.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's best NOT to bind the flap axis to control flaps in the CRJ. The range, at least presently, is too narrow for most. Better to use the flap switch, as explained here (Flaps are well down the page, after reverser setup):

17 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

For anyone experiencing an unexplained loss of airspeed or altitude in cruise, if you are using a hardware axis lever in MSFS assigned to “spoilers” I recommend removing that controller binding for now. Although MSFS does provide that axis, it does not work correctly with the CRJ, and could possibly lead to the spoilers becoming extended (aerodynamically) without being deployed visually or on the flight control synoptic page.

Well i would do that if I assigned spoilers to an axis ... i did not

also ... spoilers do not explain the issue being over at FL290 right ? Or are they retracting below a certain FL ? 

it acts like icing ... despite nothing is suggesting icing is happening ( no clouds / icing light / anti icing does not work etc etc ) 

weird issue 

18 hours ago, DGH said:

Well i would do that if I assigned spoilers to an axis ... i did not

also ... spoilers do not explain the issue being over at FL290 right ? Or are they retracting below a certain FL ? 

it acts like icing ... despite nothing is suggesting icing is happening ( no clouds / icing light / anti icing does not work etc etc ) 

weird issue 

If you are not using a hardware axis for spoilers, that is probably not the issue - but if they are even slightly deployed it will affect aircraft performance and the problem is worse at higher altitudes. It may well be an unwanted icing effect. I have heard that this effect will be reduced in the upcoming SU4 - or that at least aircraft developers will have more control over it.

I've had this happen to me on my latest two flights. The thing that caught my attention in both instances was the position of the STAB Trim on the status page - it was at like 15.0 which is well outside of the green parameter. I've read on here earlier that it's potentially due to icing. So if you find yourself in this similar situation again, look and see what your STAB trim is showing, and if it's high (11+), try enabling the Wing Anti Ice and the Cowl Anti-Ice. 

I only learned of that potentially being a cause/solution after the second time it happened, so I'll do the same should I find myself in the same situation again.

• Developer

Icing may be one thing, having WAI on is another reason and lately any pausing via ESC deploys the spoiler invisibly. Jut hit /   to see if it helps.

Archived