Awkward behaviour at low speeds

disininer

To contextualize my post, flying is my profession and I've being doing this for making a living for 18 years. Somehow I'm still in love with sims.

Aerosoft CRJ is a great product, very FPS friendly and overall I'm really happy I bought it. Of course,  there are still numerous glitches but,...I've never flown a CRJ real life, so I won't go that far as to criticize something that I'm not 100 sure even if it's obvious it's wrong. I  am not into knowing the plane thoroughly either,  unless I need it for obvious reasons.  But there is a thing that is getting under my skin. The throttle response is really really unrealistic, but, for the time being, let's suppose I have not known how to properly trim the axis or whatever. What this post is about is the plane behaviour itself when near Vapp. Man, to be able to fly this thing leveled off with let's say 30 flap ( does that exist in CRJ?, or one notch before full,  gear down 145 knots you almost have to go to climb detent. Again, that is a very typical situation while you're waiting for the GS to be intercepted. As it's almost impossible to make out the speed trend vector unless you zoom it really good, it's so so common to end up low on speed and when you realize and you apply power you're almost 10-12 degrees pitch up and, amazingly, in certain occasions the AP won't care about keeping altitude, but you'll glide very gently while you're trying to keep up with absolutely crazy power demands, unnoticed to the expert eye, hahahaha, crazy stuff.

You guys at Aerosoft need to have a look at this. Otherwise great great product.

3 hours ago, coldhaulfield said:

I agree fully with this concern, without any real life experience of course... 😉

Thirded. lol. I have gone into stall at climb detent during downwind leg, AoA goes through the roof and V/S also unpredictable because of the instability.

Once they take care of that power management and throttle control we should be in the green. Other than that everyone needs to find its own technique that works for now 
what I like to do I level at GS capture altitude and  work on my speed... once GS is captured I deploy full flaps I use GS until I see 3 red papi lights then I disconnect AP and hand fly it until I land
I would like to know a correct order of deploying flaps  

3 hours ago, Kamil M said:

I would like to know a correct order of deploying flaps  

Basic flap and minimum speed schedule:

Flap 8 -> Flap 20 -> Gear Down, Flap 30 -> Flap 45

180kts min -> 170kts min -> 160kts min -> Vref

For the OP, try not to drop below 160kts with flap 30 (yes, it is a real CRJ flap setting) as depending on weight and airport elevation, temperature etc, a speed of 145kts is basically Vref for that flap setting, and you could get on the wrong side of the drag curve quite easily. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 9:51 PM, CRJay said:

For the OP, try not to drop below 160kts with flap 30 (yes, it is a real CRJ flap setting) as depending on weight and airport elevation, temperature etc, a speed of 145kts is basically Vref for that flap setting, and you could get on the wrong side of the drag curve quite easily. 

Yeap, I understand, and that's what I figured but yet  Vref is minimum drag speed for that config, I little bit of power should do to overcome any trouble you could encounter, the plane behaves as if you were almost AOA .80 ish at that condition.   Vref is normally AOA .67.......no way Jose 

When I landed with Vref, unfortunately, I cannot put tire. I usually get off with Vref-15 otherwise the plane continues to float. Is there a solution or is this a bug? 

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Archived