Interesting point on FPS, and general flights with the CRJ

Car147

I don't know if i am the only one noticing this, but what i have found when flying the CRJ compared to other aircraft is the rock steady fps. My system meets the MSFS higher end recommendation, but nothing stunning. every flight my fps remains pretty solid between 35 -40fps. Whether on the ground at payware/freeware airports. and only drops to around 30fps on approach to some of the bigger airports. Comparing that to the likes of the A320 (both versions) and others there is quite a significant difference , where i can be dropping to single figures in worst cases.

Is this due to the  new coding  being used for the CRJ, as i find it strange where an aircraft that has more complexity, yet performs far better.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Car147 said:

Is this due to the  new coding  being used for the CRJ, as i find it strange where an aircraft that has more complexity, yet performs far better.

A good deal of that is due to the use of C++ and not HTML/Javascript. All complex aircraft will have to be done with C++. 

Hello All,

with my 8 years old pc with 4770K@4,1Ghz and upgraded RAM to 32GB and 1080Ti 11GB VRAM CRJ runs just so great and stutterfree anywhere I fly (online IVAO), I'm really happy.

My FPS is between 20-30 but stable, it is incomparable with others addons, yet.

Rado 

Well......my pc is 11 years old, i5 3.2ghz 1060 nvidia 6gb card and 16gb ram.....I it runs pretty smooth for me, I am amazed.....the fly by wire A320 and cj4 do not run smooth at all...its great!! 

Regards Paul

egcc

On 4/16/2021 at 7:41 AM, DGH said:

Actually the  new FBW 0.6 is slightly better then the CRJ for me ... but overall the CRJ is doing good 👍

Let us know how it goes when they have anywhere near the systems running that the CRJ does (not to mention the FMC logic/autopilot)

23 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Let us know how it goes when they have anywhere near the systems running that the CRJ does (not to mention the FMC logic/autopilot)

Actually i think they are very close ✌️

and for now ... the autopilot logic in the CRJ is not the winner untill the bugs fixed ( wobbling ... cutting corners for example ). No real need to model VNAV in CRJ also right ? 

its not a contest is it .... it is just a hobby. I love the CRJ ... i love what they do with the FBW team.

enjoy 

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

No response in over a month.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived