No option to get clearance from the ATC after putting a FP in FMS

Hello,

I have been trying to fly more with the CRJ recently and I noticed if I add a new FP into FMS or change my current FP I won't get the option to ask for the new FP from the controller. I know I can load a flight plan before loading the flight from the World menu, but I that's not usually how I do it. I usually load the aircraft in the departure airport and then using simbriefe I generate a FP and put it into the FMS. But then I never get the option to get clearance for it from the tower. This is the case for all the default planes though. It seems that the CRJ FMS flight planning is disconnected from the ATC features somehow. 

Thanks

vor 2 Stunden , HooTheMan sagte:

It seems that the CRJ FMS flight planning is disconnected from the ATC features somehow. 

Thanks

Exactly. As stated in the documentation.

You can still set up a flight in the world settings with the same runways as your flight plan. Then just continue on like you would by setting your own flight plan in the FMS.

This is what I do so I can get the taxi/takeoff/landing clearance

Use the simbrief export software

i export it in 3 formats ( with one click )

1) FS2020 flightplan 

2) CRJ FMC plan

3) a pdf on my desktop

works almost perfect .... with just 1 click

1 hour ago, DGH said:

Use the simbrief export software

i export it in 3 formats ( with one click )

1) FS2020 flightplan 

2) CRJ FMC plan

3) a pdf on my desktop

works almost perfect .... with just 1 click

Yep. What I do is plan the flight in the world screen, copy all the waypoints into simbrief, generate then export like you. Everything is in sync.

Yeah but all of the proposed solutions are just work arounds... Is this ever going to be a fixed? What if I am in the middle of a flight and I want to change my SID or STAR (which is something common in flight)? Or what if I want to change my destination? It is impossible to ask the ATC for changes... All the default planes have give you that option when you change stuff in the FMS. Plus these solutions are all so much work... I want a simple solution to just choose a gate and sit on it! Ask the ATIS information and then setup a flight plan in simbrief accordingly! How do I know which runway is Active for departure if I am not in the sim listening to the AITS?

4 hours ago, HooTheMan said:

Yeah but all of the proposed solutions are just work arounds... Is this ever going to be a fixed? What if I am in the middle of a flight and I want to change my SID or STAR (which is something common in flight)? Or what if I want to change my destination? It is impossible to ask the ATC for changes... All the default planes have give you that option when you change stuff in the FMS. Plus these solutions are all so much work... I want a simple solution to just choose a gate and sit on it! Ask the ATIS information and then setup a flight plan in simbrief accordingly! How do I know which runway is Active for departure if I am not in the sim listening to the AITS?

Well a lot of what you want is actually already possible.

Simbrief select the active runway according current wind ... and selects the correct SID. There not even a need to listen to atis first. If you want to change in simbrief ... you can.

the problem for me is simbrief is planning from runway to runway. When i select a gate in the sim it sometimes messes up the plan ( selected gate from dropdown )

you can ask for a different approach also. And you can ask ATC a different runway ( as long as it is a parallel runway unfortunately)

so in Amsterdam i plan to land At 18R ... and i can request 18C. I can not request 27 for example ( despite with low winds in real life they are landing there.)

last but not least ... the solution actually is LESS work. Setting up in simbrief is fast and easy ... The simbrief downloader is just one click and all is available.

i doubt the default ATC will ever be fixed. Perhaps some tweaks but will never be supergood.

I do not want to multiplay in VATSIM and would like a good offline atc also. 
i now use it more as chatter and then i have something to do at longer flights. It is going ok at 60% of my flights i think ... the other 40% i just ignore ATC instructions and do what i want (stupid but it is what it is )

hope this helps

12 hours ago, Crabby said:

Also, why fly a plane like the CRJ with simulated ATC.  Get on VATSIM and fly with actual ATC. 

Well I don't use Vatsim all the time...

9 hours ago, DGH said:

Well a lot of what you want is actually already possible.

Simbrief select the active runway according current wind ... and selects the correct SID. There not even a need to listen to atis first. If you want to change in simbrief ... you can.

the problem for me is simbrief is planning from runway to runway. When i select a gate in the sim it sometimes messes up the plan ( selected gate from dropdown )

you can ask for a different approach also. And you can ask ATC a different runway ( as long as it is a parallel runway unfortunately)

so in Amsterdam i plan to land At 18R ... and i can request 18C. I can not request 27 for example ( despite with low winds in real life they are landing there.)

last but not least ... the solution actually is LESS work. Setting up in simbrief is fast and easy ... The simbrief downloader is just one click and all is available.

i doubt the default ATC will ever be fixed. Perhaps some tweaks but will never be supergood.

I do not want to multiplay in VATSIM and would like a good offline atc also. 
i now use it more as chatter and then i have something to do at longer flights. It is going ok at 60% of my flights i think ... the other 40% i just ignore ATC instructions and do what i want (stupid but it is what it is )

hope this helps

Again all these difficulties will be resolved if they connect the FMS FP to the FS FP... Try the flybywire mod and you see what I mean

it is so complicated for the crj to implement ?

flybywire works perfect, and ms atc changes not the flightplan, when i using Gate to start.

I think this should not be treated as a bug.

It never states it would work with in sim flight planner and ATC. 

The FMS accepts EXTERNAL nav data(navigraph, etc), not referencing MSFS's nav data. 

Hence it's expected both would not couple....

Though it could be a nice wishlist though. But definitely not a bug or something to fix. 

vor 2 Stunden , Ivan Wong CL sagte:

I think this should not be treated as a bug.

It never states it would work with in sim flight planner and ATC. 

The FMS accepts EXTERNAL nav data(navigraph, etc), not referencing MSFS's nav data. 

Hence it's expected both would not couple....

Though it could be a nice wishlist though. But definitely not a bug or something to fix. 

You didn't quite understand

1.Starting on the Gate without Msfs Flightplan

2.Simbrief to crj fms

3.on the gate, atc Menu, request flightplan from crj fms

Works perfect with Flybywire

And Msfs never changes the flightplan

1 hour ago, wafu said:

You didn't quite understand

1.Starting on the Gate without Msfs Flightplan

2.Simbrief to crj fms

3.on the gate, atc Menu, request flightplan from crj fms

Works perfect with Flybywire

And Msfs never changes the flightplan

Because Flybywire A32nx is using MSFS internal Nav Data.... Hence it's the same source. 

CRJ is using EXTERNAL Nav Data... which you will have to update yourself by buying the subscription from Navigraph or Aerosoft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yeah, as already states. The CRJ uses external navdata which does not communicate with the sim ATC. At this moment using external nav data simply gives better results with different procedures, which is the reason why we have opted with this method. Depending on the future improvements into the internal nav data we might look into supporting that as well.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived