Is it possible to limit the bank angle; maybe in the FMC? Instead of doing a 45 degree turn maybe limit to a 25 degree turn? Of course, I'm referring to turns below the half bank limit.

That's right, my mistake. I was just throwing out 45 degrees because it was late and I was pretty tired from a difficult day. Also, I want to be clear that I am not having a problem with turns or anything else along those lines. I am asking to educate myself. With that said, is it possible to limit the bank angle? 

While I wouldn't recommend it, you could achieve that with "1/2 BANK" mode. It's a switch on the FCP, just right of the HDG knob.

When activated, it reduces the maximum commanded bank angle to 15 degrees. However, the mode is automatically (de/)selected when passing 31.600 feet and it is inhibited when in take-off mode, go-around mode, on-side approach mode capture or on-side localizer capture.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, EdwardS said:

That's right, my mistake. I was just throwing out 45 degrees because it was late and I was pretty tired from a difficult day. Also, I want to be clear that I am not having a problem with turns or anything else along those lines. I am asking to educate myself. With that said, is it possible to limit the bank angle? 

No, it's not possible to modify the maximum bank angle limit other than using the 1/2 bank. So it's not possible to custom modify for example a value of 25 degrees of maximum bank.

11 hours ago, Secondator said:

No, it's not possible to modify the maximum bank angle limit other than using the 1/2 bank. So it's not possible to custom modify for example a value of 25 degrees of maximum bank.

Ah, thank you. Yes, I knew about the 1/2 bank button but that wasn't really the education I was seeking. Your answer that it is not possible to program a custom angle is what I was wondering. 

I try to research and educate myself on questions, in general not just in flight sim, but this question of the bank angle had me stumped. Again, thank everyone for providing answers. 

Vor 1 Stunde, DGH sagte:

Is the 1/2 bank working for you at all ?

at mu last flight it was still 30 devrees at FL370 with button  on

1/2 Bank activates in HDG Mode. It seems to be a bug. Whenever you turn it on or off be sure to change AP mode to HDG and back to NAV. 

9 hours ago, DGH said:

Is the 1/2 bank working for you at all ?

at mu last flight it was still 30 devrees at FL370 with button  on

Mine has been working fine. 

Archived