How I update MSFS and either have ZERO Problems or Identify them

Crabby

First of all organize your community folder.  I use Addons Linker to do that https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

With this I am able to create a folder and as many sub-folders as I want to organize everything.  For example I have a main folder called MSFS Addons.  Under that I have a Scenery folder.  Under that an Airport folder.  Under that an individual folder for the countries where the airports are located and if wanted, like for the USA, I have folders for the individual states.  This is one of the primary reasons I do not buy anything I don't have to from the MarketPlace.  You lose control of addons.

Addons Linker then inserts a virtual folder in the Community Folder as I direct it to.

1. Pre-Update remove EVERYTHING from the Community Folder.  I use Addons Linker to click one checkbox and remove everything.

2. Update

3. Start MSFS and check functionality (load into an default airport with default aircraft).

4. When satisfied all is well I add back in WHAT I NEED for a flight using Addons Linker.  So I f I am flying from KORD to KLGA in the CRJ, I will NOT add  LEBL or the FBW Airbus

5. When I get to KLGA and decide to fly to KDFW in the A20N, I add in the latest release (I use the experimental version) using Addons Linker

I can sum this process up as Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS).  You don't need to have airports in the community folder that you are not taking off from or landing at.  You do not need planes you are not going to use there either.

Once I am satisfied that everything is working, I will add back in my liveries for VPilot to use.  If you have several hundred items in the community folder and you just move them out and put them all back in and try to fly the CRJ and get a CTD or other weird behavior, you will come here to this forum and throw a hissy fit only to discover what you are pissed off about is NOT the cause of your ire.  You are because you are not organized.

Now if you have a problem, like let's say "My CRJ crashes when I load it in KDFW using the American Eagle Livery", SEARCH THAT in Google (or this forum or the MSFS forum).  Chances are very high that you will find the problem AND solution before you throw a hissie fit here or there. 

Here is the est part of this.  You will spend more time FLYING in the sim instead of throwing hissie fits in forums only to find out the problem is you, not the product you are mad at.

Good advice. I keep it even simpler than that. There's enough in the default MSFS to keep me happy. With one additional aircraft (CRJ), AxisAndOhs and the Honeycomb lights fix I'm happy. I sum this process up as Boring And Simple Stupid (BASS).

10 hours ago, Crabby said:

1. Pre-Update remove EVERYTHING from the Community Folder.  I use Addons Linker to click one checkbox and remove everything.

2. Update

3. Start MSFS and check functionality (load into an default airport with default aircraft).

4. When satisfied all is well I add back in WHAT I NEED for a flight using Addons Linker.  So I f I am flying from KORD to KLGA in the CRJ, I will NOT add  LEBL or the FBW Airbus

5. When I get to KLGA and decide to fly to KDFW in the A20N, I add in the latest release (I use the experimental version) using Addons Linker

Before msfs update.

Update system.

Update GPU drivers etc.

Run ASUpdater and select As Aircraft CRJ 500/700 // This option notifies you that there are updates available.

1 ok

2 update msfs launcher app

3 start msfs and wait 4 updates

4 after that go to content manager and check for updates

5 go to marketplace and check for updates

• Herman locked this topic

Archived