Throttle axis malfunctions in both XPlane and FSX

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to solve this issue (actually 2 issues):

1. Recently, I have lost the function of the throttle axis on both the Honeycomb Bravo as well as my old CH Throttle Quadrant. I've recalibrated multiple times and get full rotation, but when I get in the selected aircraft (and it doesn't matter which one), I can only get 50% power, both at full throttle as well as idle. If I'm in a twin engine, only the left is affected and the right appears to go to full power. Also, I cannot use the mouse and directly capture the throttle knob onscreen and move it in or out. I'm able to do it with mixture and prop, but not the throttle. 

Since it occurs with both the Honeycomb Bravo and the CH Throttle Quadrant AS WELL AS in both X-Plane 11 and FSX, I'm assuming it must be something other than hardware configuration or flight sim setups. I'm guessing it's somewhere in the Windows system files, but I don't know where to go.

I've tried reinstalling/updating/rebooting and nothing has corrected the problem.

2. My trim wheel spins uncontrollably until it gets either to the full up or full down location. I can use my designated buttons to adjust up or down, but as soon as I release the button(CH Throttle Quadrant) or wheel(Honeycomb Bravo) it again spins out of control.

I'm far from being anything closely resembling a programmer and know just enough to usually get myself in trouble....but I can follow directions. Any suggestions or help someone could provide would really be appreciated. In it's current state, I'm not able to fly at all in either flight sim or with either throttle hardware.

Roger

• Aerosoft

Dear Sir,

To rule out any malfunction of BOTH devices, can you first simply test them both in the Windows joystick calibration untility 

to check that the axes are well giving their full range ?
---> Please perform a full calibration of all the axes first?

If the problem also appears in the Windows utility, please try the quadrant on another computer with the Windows utility.
(no need for any simulator or driver to be installed.)

Thank you.

Thanks for the suggestion. There doesn't seem to be any problems with either controller. I'm guessing there's a line or two of script somewhere in the programming of a command prompt? I'm still thinking it has to be in a Windows systems file?

Still no joy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi Roger,

as those issues concern not only the HC device, it is for sure some problem on your system and we can only poke in the dark. What might be worth trying is using a self-powered USB hub in case the devices are suffering from too little power available via the mainboard USB.

Archived