Honeycomb Bravo skipping upper 1cm / dead zone

I have noticed the following strange behavior: When I move the throttles slowly towards their highest position, I noticed the throttles in Prepar3D made a jump in the last bit of the range. Using FSUIPC and the Windows 10 Game Controllers calibration I have checked this, and the values reported are actually supporting this. When using FSUIPC I see the value skipping the last 3000 values (range is there -16383 to 16384), when using Raw Data (also shown when doing calibration in the Control Panel "Game Controllers" calibration) it is from somewhere in the 800 to the max value of 1024. (range is -1024 to 1024)

Because this happens in the raw data, I am unable to use the last bit of my throttle range.

I have reset any calibrations, but this did not help. Anyone an idea?

Bert

• Aerosoft

Dear Sir,

Does this happen for all the six levers ?

Can you also test it on another computer ? Only withe Windows joystick utility. No sim nor driver required.

Additionally: the Alpha and Bravo are both connected via a USB 3.0 hub. I just saw the remark in a different thread about the Honeycomb devices having trouble with USB 3.0. Could this be related? Also, there is a calibration built-in inn the Alpha, but I see no such procedure listed in the Honeycomb KB for the Bravo?

Bert

20 hours ago, SimWare said:

Dear Sir,

Does this happen for all the six levers ?

Can you also test it on another computer ? Only withe Windows joystick utility. No sim nor driver required.

Yes, on my laptop from work, which definitely has never been used with game controllers before, shows the same behavior: 0 to 823, and from there it immediately skips to 1023 and holds that value during the last segment.

Is there a Honeycomb device calibration for the Bravo?

• Aerosoft
Dear Sir,

I just answered you via the support system :
"...Can you please try it on another computer with only the standard Windows calibration tool ?
No FSUIPC, nor driver or simulator
Just want to rule out any influence form any installed software.
..."

Archived