FPLN Page TO waypoint input

This isn't a very big issue but I thought I'd mention it since it's clear Aerosoft have gone to great pains to be as realistic as possible. I'm a CRJ driver, and at our airline our SOP is to input the flight plan directly from the ICAO flight plan listed on our release, so we put the first waypoint on FPLN page 1 at the "TO" line, which immediately brings up page 2, and we continue the rest of the plan. We input the runway and SID later in the programming. I don't know if we have a different FMS software version, but ours shows dashed lines, not empty boxes for that line. When I try our method on the Aerosoft plane it will not accept an input there. I made a little video to show what I mean.

Shifty

Please login to view this video.

Please login to display this image.

Yes, sorry. It depicts boxes instead of dashes, but (on mine, amyways) it will not accept any direct input or waypoint in that field, it only auto fills in when a runway is selected. You should be able to input a waypoint there directly.

I am working with it again today and I found out that it works correctly - unless an alternate airport is input first. Then It won't take anything there. I'll just change how I type...sorry to bother anyone...

Archived