Unable to start the APU

Blood_Monarch

Since the latest MSFS update I am unable to start the APU, nothing happens when I press PWR/FUEL.

If I select ready for startup on the EFB, the APU starts but the APU display shows 0 RPM and 0 EGT. It shows the APU door as open but the external view shows it as closed.

I have tried reinstalling the CRJ, which didn't fix the problem.

Yes, but it doesn't do the BIT test and the APU door doesn't open when I press the PWR FUEL, it worked fine a couple of days ago, but today it doesn't, so can only assume it has something to do with the latest update :(

7 minutes ago, Blood_Monarch said:

Yes, but it doesn't do the BIT test and the APU door doesn't open when I press the PWR FUEL, it worked fine a couple of days ago, but today it doesn't, so can only assume it has something to do with the latest update :(

That's odd then. It works fine for me and I've updated. Are you sure the PWR/FUEL switch is pressed in and not out? It can be really hard to tell. Are you on external power or the batteries?

Works for me. I did a flight this afternoon on VATSIM that ended in an ILS approach into KMSY rw2 The localizer capture and GS worked perfect. Thought it might be the MSFS update? Mayber just a fluke?

Solved..... It was the Workingtitle CJ4 mod that was causing the problem, I removed it and the APU started without a problem; I then downloaded the latest version and put it back in the Community folder and APU still works in the CRJ.

The Mod must have got corrupted somehow. In fact an odd thing did happen very recently, just out of the blue, the start engine buttons in the CJ4 mod started to play up, they wouldn't start the engines unless I clicked them very quickly about 10 times, so that must have also somehow affected the APU start button in the CRJ. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived