CRJ Causing MSFS To Crash During Loading After Latest Update 1.15.7.0

re84uk

Hi

It seems the CRJ is causing flight sim to crash after the latest update.  If I remove the CRJ from the community folder, the sim loads fine, however it will crash shortly after 'Checking for Updates' if the CRJ folder is present in the community folder.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Same here, after the update the CRJ loads fine.

But in general people report a lot of issues after the latest update not only in combination with the CRJ. Check the MFS forum.

But also not all people/systems are affected, so the inidivual system/setup also plays a role.

I'm sure that MS/Asobo is already checking this.

I’m getting a ctd around 10 mins after take off every time at the moment. I’m currently working my way through the community folder to ensure I can isolate the problem. I’d suggest you do the same as it most likely is a livery as mentioned

After the 1.15.7 update many of the liveries did not display when in the aircraft... no 3d model.
I had to delete all the add on liveries and the Citation WT mod. Working now don't know which caused problem.

same issue here, I excluded my liveries, the problem is the same. I am installing it again.

Name of the application that generated the error: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x607064d1
Name of module that generated the error: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x607064d1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset 0x0000000002094014
Process ID that generated the error: 0x3a30
Start time of the application that generated the error: 0x01d731475f9d0666
Path of the application that generated the error: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe
Path to the module that generated the error: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 678fe5fc-c83b-4cbd-b596-d20df5383b99
Full name of the package that generated the error: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application ID for the package that generated the error: App

@Muffo  For troubleshooting, have you tried removing everything from your community folder temporarily so that only the CRJ remains?  If that fixes the problem, then you can add the others back one by one to see where the conflict might be?

Another thing I would check is the content manager in the simulator.  Make sure that you have no downloads pending, if you do, update everything and see if there is improvement?

Hope you can figure it out ASAP.

-Joe

• Aerosoft

I am very sorry but we are unable to assist with problems in regards to these updates.

We simply do not have any tools or logfiles and have only access to exactly the same information as you have. We advise you to follow the guides on https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and if that does not work make a ticket with Microsoft https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

Again sorry, but we do not publish these updates and have no way of knowing what problems they cause.

We’re you able to test the crj with this update? It appears FBW were able to test the a32nx a week prior to the update to confirm limited to no issues? Atleast if you have done we can narrow it down to something other than the main crj download

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, FoxtrotOstrich said:

We’re you able to test the crj with this update? It appears FBW were able to test the a32nx a week prior to the update to confirm limited to no issues? Atleast if you have done we can narrow it down to something other than the main crj download

Of course we did so before release. And we simply never saw any problem.  Keep in mind we have a few tens of thousand of customers for this product, if it would be incompatible with the latest version of the sim this forum would look very different.

• Aerosoft
6 minutes ago, FoxtrotOstrich said:

Well atleast now we know its not the main CRJ file then if you were able to test with the update before its released. Thanks for the reply.

Well actually it just means that with our systems it does not cause a problem. But you have to understand we test these things with the sim and the product, without any other tweaks.  We can never test with everything that is out.

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

Well actually it just means that with our systems it does not cause a problem. But you have to understand we test these things with the sim and the product, without any other tweaks.  We can never test with everything that is out.

Oh yes of course, i my self have already found atleast one file which is causing problems (completely unrelated to the CRj) it seems atleast some of the 3rd party airports are causing issues, my community folder has over 380 files in so its a slow process

I opening a ticket with zendesk...it is not possible that a plane that has worked well until now, after the last update, will not work anymore. It is certainly not your fault, but it is very frustrating that a good thing has to end like this.

Hi all,

If you are using FSUIPC or any other 3rd party add-ons or utilities which are Web Assembly modules (WASM) then this will likely be the cause of your CTDs!

Bug in the latest update has been acknowledged by Asobo in this thread here - let’s hope they resolve quickly with a hot fix as it seems to have rendered the sim 100% broken for a lot of people.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/standalone-wasm-modules-crash-the-simulator-after-latest-1-15-7-0-update/390552/4

Cheers,

Mike

On 4/14/2021 at 1:20 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

In that case we can only assume something rather specific is going on on your system.  1.15.7.0 should not cause any issue and so far you seem to be the only one who reports that. I suggest doing a full new install of the CRJ.

I had the same issue with the previous update but when you updated the CRJ the issue went away. I made the dump files as requested and sent to Hans.

for your knowledge I have solved the problem of the Crj and also post it here to help someone else. In my case the Crj crashes if you are in dev mode.

I updated today and now my sim is crashing. I removed Spad.neXt from the community folder and MSFS will boot right up. So, for me it isn't the CRJ, it is something to do with this WASM issue that was introduced with the latest patch. Hopefully that may work for someone else too. I understand the problem is also being seen with Axis and OOhs.

Archived