Whenever I load the sim with the CRJ, it forgets my weather settings and loads some default preset instead

It doesn't happen with other planes, only the CRJ. When I set a custom weather and start the sim, it rolls back to a default and I have to set it up again in-sim. Same happens when loading a .FLT which is quite a bummer.

Any way around it? Is it a known bug? Is a fix possible?

After the newest MSFS update that I installed today, the issue seems "half-solved". If I just set custom weather settings (like in the tutorial flight for example), they are forgotten when the sim loads. But when I save them as a separate named preset, they are retained. It wasn't the case before the update. Weird thing is that it doesn't happen with the stock planes - in their case, even without saving a separate preset the settings are rememebered.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:47 PM, TenPatrol said:

1 select crj700er

2 select airport from world map

3 click > flight conditions

4 scroll down and select your custom weather

5 close

6 fly

On 4/13/2021 at 10:48 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

And when you select the conditions first and the aircraft second?

So I did a series of simulation restarts while choosing flight settings in all possible orders with CRJ and other planes.

Looks like it's a simulator issue not plane issue for me - sorry for the confusion.

Previously I thought it only happened with the CRJ, because it worked randomly for a different plane. After all the experiments I see that in most cases my choices aren't remembered, regardless in which order I make my choices or which plane I choose. The only thing that seems to work consistently is choosing a weather preset that was saved in a previous session... I guess I have to post a bug report with Asobo... Sorry for the confusion again. It's all quite frustrating.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived