fms approaches/departures overlapping if changed?

Ok I had a search and couldn’t find anything related to what I’m experiencing but if this is a repost I do apologise. A few times now I have had to edit my selected approach whilst flying and it never seems to go right. I mainly fly using VATSIM so the ability to change approaches and often runways at short notice is a must.

So far it appears that when I do it it doesn’t replace the old approach or runway but instead adds it on so I have to the go through the legs and frantically try and work out which points I need to delete. From the little I have experienced am I right in saying I should be able to just select another approach or runway and it replace the current one or is there a step I am missing? Help would be appreciated!

42 minutes ago, FoxtrotOstrich said:

Ok I had a search and couldn’t find anything related to what I’m experiencing but if this is a repost I do apologise. A few times now I have had to edit my selected approach whilst flying and it never seems to go right. I mainly fly using VATSIM so the ability to change approaches and often runways at short notice is a must.

So far it appears that when I do it it doesn’t replace the old approach or runway but instead adds it on so I have to the go through the legs and frantically try and work out which points I need to delete. From the little I have experienced am I right in saying I should be able to just select another approach or runway and it replace the current one or is there a step I am missing? Help would be appreciated!

When you have to change an approach or STAR start by changing the runway and then the arrival (even if the approach itself isn't changing). It seems to work better that way. 

Ok ill give it a go thanks, the main thing im having to do so far is just manually delete every waypoint up until the start of the arrival and then putting in the new arrival very time consuming and certainly not ideal for use with VATSIM.

Archived