LOGITECH Multi Flight panel does not work with CRJ 550 / 700 Autopilot modes.

Autopilot modes and AutoThrottle function of the Logitech Panel does not work with the CRJ 550 / 700 

(It works fine with other A/C   including the very special A320 A/P) 

Is there a possible fix?

Please login to display this image.

Standard drivers do not work as the CRJ unfortunately does not use the MSFS standard interfaces (mostly SIMCONNECT and MSFS Interface).

With a solution like SPAD.neXt you can make it work when you download the rights profile or create your own one. I, like others, have shared such a profile for SPAD.neXt.

There are other solutions doing something similar. Basically you need to use the CRJ proprietary vars and events for most of the functions which the standard Logitech driver doesn't use. Unfortunately the Aerosoft team did not link the default vars and events to the most important standard MSFS vars and events. 

As far as I know the A320 (default) AP also does not work completely as the Logitech driver can't handle managed vs. selected modes for SPEED, HDG, ALT or V/S. I use the FlyByWire A320n and the newest experimental version does work even less with the default drivers. Therefore a solution like SPAD makes sense for this plane as well.

See for example the AP button with SPAD.neXt for the CRJ:

As you can see it does not use the standard SIMCONNECT or MSFS events like the standard profile does:

I guess Aerosoft could implement the standard vars and events (SIMCONNECT/MSFS - at least the most important ones) but not sure if they even want to.

Thank u for sharing this.

I admit that the A320 "Managed" and "Selected" modes do not work neither but setting of most parameters seems to be possible when nothing works at all with the CRJ.

I am actually not familiar with SPAD.next at all and will certainly dig into it.

What source is the best to start with ?

On 4/13/2021 at 5:53 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Best to ask in the controller section of the CRJ support forum.

Thank u for the advice

Can you please give me the link to this forum section as I could not find it 

Merci 

Archived