• Administrator

Before we start the weekend, here are a few rendering shots. The next screenshots should then be from the simulator 🤞

EDJA_01_02.thumb.jpg.fcf0aebb82c6cf6f06a9083161ae07f2.jpg

EDJA_07_02.thumb.jpg.d0a86135165b6d1f0ca98610895300f2.jpg

EDJA_06_01.thumb.jpg.d838dd415c0d62cd8a165e084e2fc8f3.jpg

EDJA_08_01.thumb.jpg.facc08b6debcab902361893ccbe89326.jpg

EDJA_08_03.thumb.jpg.4061ffc5de80d11b4336c868eeca590b.jpg

EDJA_13_01.thumb.jpg.16ee7562fbfdb6c01a0f4bd9627a8a03.jpg

EDJA_S06_03.thumb.jpg.07bd29bbd55074796b88deb6c27dc1af.jpg

Nice weekend

• Like 4
  • Administrator
On 16.4.2021 at 22:00, sunnyscheffel sagte:

Wow. Look pretty good. Well done!

Greetings from Memmingen. 

Hope for a X-Plane version. 😉

I can't promise yet, but maybe later

• 2 weeks later...

Another popular developer just announced EDJA with all the bells and whistles for free. Unfortunate for the developer that already spent hours of his time... How will this affect this EDJA project?

• Root Admin

No idea. 

Do not take this the wrong way, but normally we do not take a lot of attention to competition (freeware or commercial). If the freeware developer does a better job, so be it.

I just took a look at that competition and it's looking very good, payware quality.

One way this scenery can create a market for itself is by supporting other platforms as well. I've already seen a few X-Plane requests, I would definitely buy a P3D v4 version myself. MSFS, no matter how beautiful it might be, is just not the right sim for me.

I've always considered it extremely foolish of Aerosoft to not pay attention to the competition, any self-respecting developer/publisher always keeps an eye on the competition as it affects your market. Demand for a certain product can get from sky high to zero in a blink of an eye if a competitor decides to take up that demand. The market is never static, it's constantly changing.

So you just spent giant amounts of money developing a scenery, however your competitor did a better job and took away your market. It results in you hardly getting any sales and making a giant loss on the product. So be it, that's what you just said Mathijs. For example a few years ago Aerosoft developed Kiruna airport while ORBX had just released their Kiruna. How many copies of Aerosoft Kiruna were sold, and how much did market research predict? No, you don't have to tell me. But I do bet the actual number of sales was way lower than predicted because of the competition.

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a market for Memmingen. Just not for MSFS anymore, that market has already been taken care of. But the market for P3D and X-Plane is still there, so your development so far isn't worthless. But that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

• Downvote 2
5 hours ago, PatrickZ said:

I just took a look at that competition and it's looking very good, payware quality.

That's certainly interesting, considering that they have not shown it. 

One thing is for sure, this is a novel way to port beg. 

Don't worry about Aerosoft. Considering the size of Microsoft Flight Simulator's market compared to all other sims, Memmingen airport will most likely sell way more on MSFS than for all other sims combined regardless of the presence of a freeware alternative. 

21 hours ago, PatrickZ said:

Nope. Definitely not this one. It really doesn't look payware quality, mind you, at least not in MSFS. The modeling seems quite good, but the textures are very cartoony.