How to get the TOD correct every time, I am getting erratic results or no TOD after loading a flight plan from SimBrief.

How do I get the TOD correct every time, I am getting erratic results or no TOD after loading a flight plan from SimBrief.  

My second question is, how do we change the page numbers in the 'MFD DATA' selection in the MFD which shows the 'FMS ACT PROGRESS.

Is there a definitive guide to getting the LEGS right for the TOD to show up correctly in the VNAV. Would be great if there is a youtube tutorial in that regard.

For the second question, when you have the MFD DATA page displayed on the MFD, select MFD ADV on the CDU and then you can use the Prev and Next keys to move through the pages.

As far as where the TOD shows up, there a lot of variables that go into that, so it's tough to say without knowing more about the particular circumstances. You need at least one altitude restriction on the Legs pages to get a TOD, so if you don't have one then you need to make one up, either from a chart (the most likely case) or just from planning how you want to descend. Once you do that it should show up as long as the FMS realizes that you're in the cruise phase of flight. 

Thanks for the MFD ADV, that worked well.

Now the issue for me is that I have step climbs on the flight plan which I get from SimBrief.  So the entire flight is calculated at FL360, however when I change the cruising altitude later to FL380, then all hell breaks loose in the FMS regarding the TOD. It will show a TOD point just after a few nautical miles. Now I go to the 'DESC INFO' in the VNAV pages, however if I enter a point suppose KLB/5000 as the descent point it will show as NOT FOUND whereas that point KLB is a part of the flight plan. What is the correct and proper manner to enter WPT/ALT in the DESC INFO in the VNAV Setup ?

1 hour ago, Captain DV13 said:

What is the correct and proper manner to enter WPT/ALT in the DESC INFO in the VNAV Setup ?

You only enter the waypoint. If that waypoint has an altitude restriction it will show automatically and then show the vertical rate required. If it is a waypoint without an altitude restriction you should first assign one to it on the legs page.

Archived