Audio Transmit Knob Does Not update Sim Data (effects vPilot)

LesOReilly

The Audio panel Transmit Knob Selector is not actually setting the Simulator Data as to which Com is the Active Com.

The Listen Buttons do set the sim Data.. And thus if you turn on both then turn off one the sim will flip the transmit under the hood if the one you turned off was the previous Transmit...

Ideally the Knob should be changing The Sim Variables for "COM TRANSMIT:1" and "COM TRANSMIT:2" in addition to setting the LVAR for it's value.  Which does work to change from outside controllers!!  Sweet but not making the Audio TX switch....

Video Attached..

Please login to view this video.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent -- this video seems pretty conclusive and affects POSCON as well. Hopefully this can be addressed in the next patch; it seems like it should be as simple as flipping a variable along with that switch.

• 3 months later...

No it's actually worse now :) ... when they flipped the audio panel in like v1.0.5 they did not properly flip the sim vars they were changing...

So then even my scripts to follow the LVARs could no longer work to deal with getting VATSIM to work properly.... but they did fix the Mode C thing...

I'd be curious to see what the answer is; I utilize Coms 1 and 2 to stage frequencies when I fly IRL. I do it in the sim too, but with the CRJ I have to disrupt this habit because Com2 doesn't work normally.

• 5 months later...

Will Aerosoft address the comm radio issues? The CRJ's audio panel makes single-pilot IFR on VATSIM burdensome the way it's coded right now since one can't smartly stage their frequencies.

I mean, for god's sake, this is the default spawn state...:

Please login to display this image.

What am I trying to do, listen to all incoming audio simultaneously except the one I'm transmitting on?

1 hour ago, amahran said:

I mean, for god's sake, this is the default spawn state...:

What am I trying to do, listen to all incoming audio simultaneously except the one I'm transmitting on?

This configuration is only VHF1 active (or at least, should be if implemented correctly)... All the knobs where you can see the white ring at the bottom are inactive. Channels/audio sources are only active when pushed in (or selected with the rotary knob, for example VHF1 knob can be inactive but if the central rotary knob is set to VHF1 you will still hear it).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CRJay said:

All the knobs where you can see the white ring at the bottom are inactive.

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I've never been in a CRJ, but typically pushing a knob in on ACP's is akin to "stowing" the channel, while pulling it is "extending it" or making it active. It's easier to see a few white rings in a mess of grays than to figure out which knobs don't have white rings out of a sea of white rings on a grey background.

The logic for listening should be:

• If the knob is pushed in, it's silent and no audio is transmitted through
  • If the knob is pulled out, it is active listening and transmits audio at the volume selected (from zero-full-CCW to max-full-CW), unless the push-to-talk key is active on that frequency.

The logic for transmitting should be:

• If PPT is pressed then the transmission occurs on the channel selected.

That being said, I'm not sure what happens if you try to transmit on a channel you're not listening to (there's a chance it will transmit, and there's also a chance that the CRJ is smart enough to block a transmission on a channel the pilot is deaf to; I'll have to rely on a CRJ pilot to verify what happens).

5 hours ago, amahran said:

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I've never been in a CRJ, but typically pushing a knob in on ACP's is akin to "stowing" the channel, while pulling it is "extending it" or making it active. It's easier to see a few white rings in a mess of grays than to figure out which knobs don't have white rings out of a sea of white rings on a grey background.

Well, I kind of spend a lot of time in CRJs for a living, flying them around and such ;). I can confidently tell you that what I mentioned is correct behavior for the audio control panel. But just in case, second paragraph under “A. Audio Control Panels”;

Please login to display this image.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Huh, I stand corrected on the knob direction then.

However, that still doesn’t address the fact that COM2 and COM3 are permanently on with no way to turn them off, and the transmit selection knob on the ACP doesn’t actually change the Transmit selection in vPilot.

On 2/22/2022 at 7:07 AM, amahran said:

Huh, I stand corrected on the knob direction then.

However, that still doesn’t address the fact that COM2 and COM3 are permanently on with no way to turn them off, and the transmit selection knob on the ACP doesn’t actually change the Transmit selection in vPilot.

For some reason it is tied to the FO Audio panel...

so if you turn off that audio listen it should stop...

But yes all kinds of criss crossed Sim Vars regarding audio :(

The inability to discover which radio is radio is selected for transmitting and receiving affects also Pilot2ATC, which relies on offset 3212, which is updated in default planes (and many add on planes) but unfortunately not in the CRJ.

So effectively just one radio in the CRJ is usable.

Hopefully it will be added to the bug list and corrected.

Have you all opened tickets for this? I did (6 months ago), and they closed it with no resolution or explanation. I guess I should buy that Honeycomb/Aerosoft bundle from the AS marketplace so they have enough money to pay a developer to fix this issue 😐

I have taken to always logging tickets in addition to my reports on the forum and I have been assured that while the tickets themselves will eventually be closed, my findings will be added to the tracking list.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, KuntaKinte said:

I have taken to always logging tickets in addition to my reports on the forum and I have been assured that while the tickets themselves will eventually be closed, my findings will be added to the tracking list.

As they are, this one is on the list.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As they are, this one is on the list.

Is anyone actively working on making the list shorter as well or still all busy with other projects?

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2022 at 11:44 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, work is being done at this moment.

Hi Mathijs.

I've been spending more time flying the CRJ on VATSIM lately as it'll be one of the workhorses of my virtual airline and I rediscovered this old chestnut.

Is a fix for the comm settings part of the upcoming update that's being tested?

• Like 1