Unbound F4 key giving full thrust

Dave March

I've recently cleared all my Function keys in MSFS and started using them to load custom camera positions. However, when I use F4 it's as if it's still bound in FS because the CRJ throttles jump to maximum. I've obviously searched by input in the Keyboard FS settings and F4 does NOT appear, other than for my custom camera and also in combination with Ctrl, Shift and Alt for other usage.

Any ideas anyone? It's almost as if the key is hard wired in the CRJ. Must admit I haven't checked for others acting this way but this one has a way of showing its self when you least want it!

Thank you

2 hours ago, Dave March said:

I've recently cleared all my Function keys in MSFS and started using them to load custom camera positions. However, when I use F4 it's as if it's still bound in FS because the CRJ throttles jump to maximum. I've obviously searched by input in the Keyboard FS settings and F4 does NOT appear, other than for my custom camera and also in combination with Ctrl, Shift and Alt for other usage.

Any ideas anyone? It's almost as if the key is hard wired in the CRJ. Must admit I haven't checked for others acting this way but this one has a way of showing its self when you least want it!

Thank you

Does F4 still work in say the C172?  That would be a quick way to figure out if it is CRJ or Sim that has this "permaBind"

I can confirm this problem seems unique to the CRJ. If you just unbind F4 in MSFS it becomes inoperative in the CRJ as you would expect, but if you assign anything else to it (eg. Load custom camera view) the camera view gets displayed PLUS the throttles are maxed!

Archived