EDDM installed - CTD's

dgwhitc

Dear Aerosoft Support

I bought and installed EDDM this morning for p3dv5 from Simmarket and installed the optional SODE files.

Immediately I tried to load p3d at EDDM in the FSLabs and repeatedly CTD.  EventViewer showed:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.1.12.26829, time stamp: 0x5fb44f72
Faulting module name: mso20win32client.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x605b6746
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000006bfad
Faulting process ID: 0x2f04
Faulting application start time: 0x01d72eca9709c379
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office16\mso20win32client.dll
Report ID: 2bca96f8-51e9-4bc8-8f26-daa8b197dacc
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I tried to load in at other locations which worked fine so I was confident the issue was with the scenery.  I looked at the bgl's in the scenery folder and found that there were two EDDM_LIB-JetwaysDUMMY.bgl files.  One on and one off.  Removed the on file and tried loading EDDM again and had success.

Posting because I found a fix and just in case Aerosoft are updating it maybe it is a fix they could include. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm 100% sure that this is not related to EDDM. Are you sure that you used the installer for P3Dv5 and that you are on the latest version (Run the ASUPdater with experimental updates turned on).

If everything is OK, there should be 3 Jetways files:

Please login to display this image.

It is not a good idea to delete somethin.

The faulting module is the "mso20win32client.dll" which is part of Office365. But strangely nothing is using this DLL in the sim. There where similar reports like:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140904

Updating Office365 should solve the problem.

Archived