Problems with CRJ stopping engines and Resetting Flightplan/FMC

Ironmaid91

Hi. I want to report some realy anoying bugs with the Aerosoft CRJ v1.0.0.1 (in the latest version of MSFS)

1. Plane shutting down, and reset of flight computer (and a lot of the over head switches) when pressing ESC key on keyboard..
This happens every time I press the esc key on the keyboard.

2. Plane some times struggles a lot to hold the heading on the magneta line when i NAV mode.

3. When connected to the ground power (pad menu)The power is cutting at random moments, resetting the flight computer (and a lot of the over head switches) during starting procedure... Why??

4. Total reset of the plane ALL SWITCHES AND ENGINES, APU, GROUND POWER ETC. (at random times) when use of the inbuilt MSFS ATC, Pilot2ATC and even when changing charts in Navigraph. (bacycally if I alt+tab the sim).

In the current state the plane is usless in cold and dark mode. It works better when the mode is set to "Ready to Taxi" (then only bug number one (and some times bug number two) is a problem).

As a note, my computer has no problems running the sim (I9-10900k, 64 gig 3600MHz ram, RTX 2080ti, and 1tb ssd for the sim only).
I have also checked my assigned keys in the sim, there should be no conflict what so ever (with less there is a hot key for total reset of the plane, and all the instruments and switches....)
Sadly the plane is totaly usless in cold and dark mode now, so all my flights are grounded untill these problems are fixed..

I have non of those problems. I use P2ATC and Navigraph and Little Navmap and I'm constantly switching apps and move my mouse cursor over three monitors without a problem. And I'm always starting from cold and dark.

Are you sure you don't accidentally hit one of the aircraft state buttons on the EFD (you hear a sound when another state is activated)? Did you try reinstalling the aircraft completely? Did you check your keybindings especially the ESC key? ESC should not do anything exept bring you to the menu.

Yes, I'm 100% sure about that. I've checked the esc key, and I don't have any key bindings that I use in the CRJ. The only mods I got installed is the Working title CJ4, and the WT Garmin G3000, (both latest versions). Some airports scenery and the Longitude and TBM improved flight dynamics. 

BUT one thing I'will try (that struck me in this very moment) Is that I have downloaded a spad next profile that should work witht he Saitek Multipanel.... MAYBE this profile is messing up for me.... I'll check out that, and update when I know more

:)

Since the update I have had problems with the CRJ following the magenta line while in NAV mode. I thought it might have been a winds issue but if I switch to HDG mode I do not have an issue. The problem is that the CRJ will drift off course, bank to get back on course, over correct, bank back to recapture, wash-rinse-repeat. It is not every flight. Once I use HDG to get back on course and switch back to NAV, it will generally do fine until making the next course change. Just to reiterate, I do not experience this every flight so I thought it was an issue for me only. 

@Ironmaid91 I wasn't having the exact problem you reported; my problem was similar though. Specifically the sudden shutdown issues. I was using a profile and some snippets for the bravo throttle, yoke, and Saitek multipanel and found several unexpected conflicts. Once I removed those from the assignments my issues cleared up. Just to be clear here, the button assignments were not wrong, they were just not what I personally wanted and when I was pressing buttons sometimes things were happening that I didn't want. I think that I really just need to move all my assignments to Spad.Next instead of half in MSFS and the other half in Spad.Next but I have been lazy about doing that. Anyway, I digress. 

Okay, so after futher reacearch It seems like shutting down spad.neXt solved my problems regarding piont 3 and 4 in my post. First I thought It was the "experimental profile" for the CRJ 550/700 Saitek multipanel that caused issues, but after more research It seems like It affects all my spad next profiles therfore shutting down the spad.neXt task seems to help. (this was not a problem before version 1.0.0.1 of the CRJ tho. 

I still have problems with point 1. Though. Sombebody mentioned to me that this can be a sim bug (as I have a fuel mixture Axis mapped to my joystick). I have made a New joystick profile for Jets, and have removed the fuel mixture mapping. Will check later if this solves my shut down problems when pressing the esc key. 

Then is is only point 2. Left, this has to be a bug with the CRJ, as i do not have this problems in any other planes (Working Title, and A320NX) 

Point 2 has been brought up in many threads and they have replied they are working on it.

I only use Spad.Next for everything..... So I know that it is not "randomly" shutting things down...  However if you have  downloaded an entire profile from someone there is a good chance you need to go through and look at every single Binding to figure out what they have done... I have seen a few over in the discord for SN that found Mixture attached to something still in there profile and man is that messing with the CRJ (and will also mess up say the TBM if your not careful as well...)

Second.. if you bind anything in it you want to make sure your MSFS bindings are completely clean.... This applies to FSUIPC and AAO as well for those that don't use Spad.next...

Third..  If you are going to use Spad.next to run the Saitek panels make sure that you remove the Logitech Plugin as they will fight with one another.... since they are both trying to control those panels...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Since this is more support oriented for the OP and others that may be seeing what's reported, this is moved to the support area.

14 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Point 2 has been brought up in many threads and they have replied they are working on it.

I only use Spad.Next for everything..... So I know that it is not "randomly" shutting things down...  However if you have  downloaded an entire profile from someone there is a good chance you need to go through and look at every single Binding to figure out what they have done... I have seen a few over in the discord for SN that found Mixture attached to something still in there profile and man is that messing with the CRJ (and will also mess up say the TBM if your not careful as well...)

Second.. if you bind anything in it you want to make sure your MSFS bindings are completely clean.... This applies to FSUIPC and AAO as well for those that don't use Spad.next...

Third..  If you are going to use Spad.next to run the Saitek panels make sure that you remove the Logitech Plugin as they will fight with one another.... since they are both trying to control those panels...

Well, I guess you're 100% right. I only run spad.neXt with pre-made profiles. I simply not have the time nor interest of making profiles my self (as I'm keen to rather spend that time flying ;)) 

Ofc I do not have the Logitech drivers for the Multipanel installed. But still, there is something strange with my CRJ550/700 when spad.next is running, forcing the plane to reset to Cold and dark at random moments. And as mentioned, after futher reacearch is is the same regardless of witch profile I'm running. So a easy fix for me is simply to shut spad.neXt down, and this seems to help (atleast with the two test runs I had yesterday) it's not a big problem either, as I only use the Multi panel and can map many of the most important auto pilot bindings to my HOTAS. Maybe in the future a more sutable spad profile is made, that I can use. 

7 hours ago, Ironmaid91 said:

Well, I guess you're 100% right. I only run spad.neXt with pre-made profiles. I simply not have the time nor interest of making profiles my self (as I'm keen to rather spend that time flying ;)) 

Ofc I do not have the Logitech drivers for the Multipanel installed. But still, there is something strange with my CRJ550/700 when spad.next is running, forcing the plane to reset to Cold and dark at random moments. And as mentioned, after futher reacearch is is the same regardless of witch profile I'm running. So a easy fix for me is simply to shut spad.neXt down, and this seems to help (atleast with the two test runs I had yesterday) it's not a big problem either, as I only use the Multi panel and can map many of the most important auto pilot bindings to my HOTAS. Maybe in the future a more sutable spad profile is made, that I can use. 

I would suggest then just Making a completely Blank Profile for the CRJ in Spad.Next ...  Then just download the individual MultiPanel device through the Device Online Snippets that I published.

Go to the MultiPanel... Click on a button or the "screen" on the right click on Online Snippets... 

Please login to display this image.

Sort by Author and find my name with the MSFS ASCRJ ...  Make sure you have Complete Device selected

That way you have nothing else configured or bound in Spad.Next but the Multipanel.....  Then you won't have to worry about other bindings and can have full control of the FCP.

On 4/12/2021 at 4:58 PM, LesOReilly said:

I would suggest then just Making a completely Blank Profile for the CRJ in Spad.Next ...  Then just download the individual MultiPanel device through the Device Online Snippets that I published.

Go to the MultiPanel... Click on a button or the "screen" on the right click on Online Snippets... 

Sort by Author and find my name with the MSFS ASCRJ ...  Make sure you have Complete Device selected

That way you have nothing else configured or bound in Spad.Next but the Multipanel.....  Then you won't have to worry about other bindings and can have full control of the FCP.

Wow, thanks a lot! I'll try that :) 

11 hours ago, Ironmaid91 said:

Wow, thanks a lot! I'll try that :)

Well you might need to wait on it now :( with the World Update 4 making the WASM bridges crash the sim... we need to wait for a fix to that so the displays will be able to update the data on them..

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/11/2021 at 6:28 PM, Ironmaid91 said:

I still have problems with point 1. Though. Sombebody mentioned to me that this can be a sim bug (as I have a fuel mixture Axis mapped to my joystick). I have made a New joystick profile for Jets, and have removed the fuel mixture mapping. Will check later if this solves my shut down problems when pressing the esc key. 

Then is is only point 2. Left, this has to be a bug with the CRJ, as i do not have this problems in any other planes (Working Title, and A320NX) 

1. Is almost certainly indeed the mixture axis. If you have the axis set to 0 and go to ESC menu, once you leave the ESC menu sim will check all axis positions and set them in the aircraft accordingly. So in this case the fuel to engines gets cut off completely to the engines.

2. It's something we are investigating but it's pretty hard to recreate reliably. But we are working on improving the NAV feature.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/14/2021 at 5:57 PM, LesOReilly said:

Well you might need to wait on it now :( with the World Update 4 making the WASM bridges crash the sim... we need to wait for a fix to that so the displays will be able to update the data on them..

As noted in other posts where Les correctly noted this possibility, the WASM issue was fixed in a Hotfix a couple of days after the WU4 release.

Archived