DVD1 required for start

EUROSKY1

I am sorry. but I built a brand new top-notch machine for the FS. I got the DVD bundle with an activation code and now every time I start the game the DVD1 needs to be present. Who in his right mind is still including noisy and slow DVD drives in his PC ? Has Microsoft gone nuts with copyright protection technology of the 80s? It is not possible either to exchange the activation code included in the DVD box with a download version that supposedly will not require a DVD. I am really angry, since I paid, wasted more than two days trying to figure this out, and, by definition, this won't work.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You'll find plenty of similar questions and solutions on the MFS support forums here. Simply run a search for a simple " DVD start" or related phrase and see what you get. The fix is easy.

Also, this should be no surprise, as on the Aerosoft shop page for the boxed sim on the System Requirements tab is this note (the copy/paste includes the original color): Please note that for using the box version of Microsoft Flight Simulator - Premium Deluxe the DVD No. 1 has to stay in the DVD drive and Please note that for using the box version of Microsoft Flight Simulator - Standard the DVD No. 1 has to stay in the DVD drive respectively. But as said, there's workarounds.

Next time you run into a problem with the sim, save yourself some time and check out the MFS forums. That's what they're there for and the best source for sim related (rather than add-on related) issues. For the latter, come see us here at Aerosoft if it's for one of our add-ons and we're happy to assist.

Archived