Something is seriously wrong with this plane after update 1.0.0.1.

The planes AP doesn't work properly. It will not climb as it should. Speed mode doesn't activate as it should. The plane won't climb above 25 000 ft. It starts wingling left/right. The spoilers starts to deploy by itself. It is unflyable at the moment.

"as it should"? And how should it do it? Are you flying it the way you *think* it should be flown or how it is actually designed to be flown? How can we tell if you don't actually say anything useful?

So none of the tips in those few messages with the same "issue" helped? Did you even look at them?

36 minutes ago, TomAce said:

It is unflyable at the moment.

I (and I'm sure several others) have completed many flights on v1.0.0.1 without the issues you describe, so there are only 2 possibilities:

1. Something got corrupted when you updated from v1.0.0.0, or
  2. Something with your personal setup (controllers, keybindings, procedures) is affecting the aircraft that is different than mine (and others).

Have you tried resetting the aircraft (to rule out Option #1)?

7 hours ago, Thx1137 said:

"as it should"? And how should it do it? Are you flying it the way you *think* it should be flown or how it is actually designed to be flown? How can we tell if you don't actually say anything useful?

So none of the tips in those few messages with the same "issue" helped? Did you even look at them?

I flew the plane fine before the update. I know how to fly it, and I fly it the same way as The Dude. I have seen his tutorial 4-5 times and also made a «check list» based on his tutorial and knowledge. So I really don’t know why the plane is not performing..Everything looks good up to FL100 (initial altitude) and when I want to climb to TOC it will not climb properly.

I have to fly one more time to see if I can solve the problem with my settings or if there really is something wrong I do. 

Also experiencing problem with setting squawk code. See in this forum that it’s a common problem - and will try setting in FMS and not in RTU next time.

vor 11 Stunden , TomAce sagte:

The planes AP doesn't work properly. It will not climb as it should. Speed mode doesn't activate as it should. The plane won't climb above 25 000 ft. It starts wingling left/right. The spoilers starts to deploy by itself. It is unflyable at the moment.

Regarding the spoilers deploying itself:

Binding the spoiler MSFS axis to one of my encoders don´t work properly, the spoilers jump around when touching the encoder, show deployed when they aren´t etc.

Binding via FSCUIPC works as it should.

Did I remember right, it´s a MSFS issue?

Regards,

Herbert 

35 minutes ago, Puukka said:

Regarding the spoilers deploying itself:

Binding the spoiler MSFS axis to one of my encoders don´t work properly, the spoilers jump around when touching the encoder, show deployed when they aren´t etc.

Binding via FSCUIPC works as it should.

Did I remember right, it´s a MSFS issue?

Regards,

Herbert 

Yes, this is an MSFS issue. The game does provide a hardware axis binding for spoilers, but would strongly discourage you from using it, as it does not work properly with the CRJ.

MSFS only defines one spoiler internally, but the CRJ custom flight model has two types - flight spoilers and ground spoilers. Obviously ground spoilers should never be deployed in flight, but if you use the MSFS hardware axis for spoilers, that is exactly what will happen when the axis lever is pulled back - it deploys both flight and ground spoilers, and both to 100 percent deflection. This causes a noticeable “lurch” when the axis is moved, and far too much aerodynamic drag. At present, there is no way to override this. The other problem with using a hardware axis lever in MSFS for CRJ spoilers is that they might not fully retract when the lever it pushed fully forward. They might appear retracted visually when looking at the aircraft in external view, but they might still be deployed aerodynamically, and impacting speed and climb rate.

Activating flight spoilers by pulling the flight spoiler lever in the VC using the mouse works correctly, and is the only reliable way to activate spoilers.

MSFS also provides two button assignments for spoilers: “extend” and “retract”. Those can be used. There is no fine control over the spoilers using the button assignments, they are either fully extended, or fully retracted, but at least you won’t get ground spoilers in flight. Having a spare push button assigned at least to the “retract” binding would be a good idea, as if you have any reason to suspect that spoilers might be extended (even if they do not appear visually), pressing the button to generate the “retract” command will insure that all spoilers are indeed fully retracted.

I’m testing with a new flight now. The plane will not climb with SPD mode. Works only with VS mode. Can someone tell me what procedure for climbing with SPD mode. I’m pretty sure I’m doing it correct though...

Regarding activating squawk code it only works via FMS. The in-game ATC doesn’t pick up squawking when setting squawk in RTU. So that is definitely a bug.

Ok so for using speed mode the most important thing is that you must have the new altitude that you want to climb to set in the ALT SEL window BEFORE you engage speed mode. Is that what you're doing?

For example if you're at 10,000ft but you still have 10,000ft in the ALT SEL window then when you engage SPD mode nothing will happen because you're currently at the altitude that's in the window so the plane basically says "what the hell dude? I'm already at 10,000ft".

So in order to prevent this remember this phrase when climbing using SPD: Altitude, Speed, Thrust, Adjust.

Altitude: Set to the altitude you want to climb to

Speed: Select speed mode (don't worry about the actual speed it's set to, just hit the SPD button. If it shows 278 and you want to climb at 290 just leave it for now)

Thrust: Set the thrust levers to CLB power

Adjust: Now set the exact speed that you want to climb at. (290 as an example)

In the real world I'm a trainer on the CRJ and this is how we teach our guys to use the automation.

Let me know if this helps at all. The vertical modes on this plane (SPD, VS, and PTCH) can be tricky if you don't follow the correct order.

Now I reached FL 320 and it will not climb anymore. It puts the nose up automatically ( too much) and the Stab trim goes crazy. Trying to go VS speed down by 1.0  to get more speed because I’m almost stalling - but the planes stab trim still going up/down between 9-11 like crazy with the nose pointing up.

3 minutes ago, TomAce said:

Now I reached FL 320 and it will not climb anymore. It puts the nose up automatically ( too much) and the Stab trim goes crazy. Trying to go VS speed down by 1.0  to get more speed because I’m almost stalling - but the planes stab trim still going up/down between 9-11 like crazy with the nose pointing up.

Don't use VS mode that high. That's much too high to use VS mode. Especially if you're trying to climb at 1000fpm. Stick to SPD mode. At that altitude though you should be climbing in mach instead of airspeed. Do you know how to change to mach?

4 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

Ok so for using speed mode the most important thing is that you must have the new altitude that you want to climb to set in the ALT SEL window BEFORE you engage speed mode. Is that what you're doing?

For example if you're at 10,000ft but you still have 10,000ft in the ALT SEL window then when you engage SPD mode nothing will happen because you're currently at the altitude that's in the window so the plane basically says "what the hell dude? I'm already at 10,000ft".

So in order to prevent this remember this phrase when climbing using SPD: Altitude, Speed, Thrust, Adjust.

Altitude: Set to the altitude you want to climb to

Speed: Select speed mode (don't worry about the actual speed it's set to, just hit the SPD button. If it shows 278 and you want to climb at 290 just leave it for now)

Thrust: Set the thrust levers to CLB power

Adjust: Now set the exact speed that you want to climb at. (290 as an example)

In the real world I'm a trainer on the CRJ and this is how we teach our guys to use the automation.

Let me know if this helps at all. The vertical modes on this plane (SPD, VS, and PTCH) can be tricky if you don't follow the correct order.

This is exactly how I do it. So I don’t understand why the plane behaves like it does. It started with speeding like crazy, but the nose didn’t go up. So I climbed with VS till I reached FL 320 and it will not go further. I don’t have any Anti Ice on. Clear skies.

2 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

Don't use VS mode that high. That's much too high to use VS mode. Especially if you're trying to climb at 1000fpm. Stick to SPD mode. At that altitude though you should be climbing in mach instead of airspeed. Do you know how to change to mach?

Have changed to Mach as well. SPD mode doesn’t work. Only speeds - nose won’t go up

Just now, TomAce said:

This is exactly how I do it. So I don’t understand why the plane behaves like it does. It started with speeding like crazy, but the nose didn’t go up. So I climbed with VS till I reached FL 320 and it will not go further. I don’t have any Anti Ice on. Clear skies.

So are you having a problem after levelling off at 10,000ft and also at FL320? Is there anyway you can include a video?

I think I found the problem.. I set ZFW to 24706 in the EFB, but the plane has calculated a ZFW of 29064 which is above MZFW. I don’t know why the FMS says 29064 because I pressed “set payload” x 2 and then “copy perf init data to FMS”. I’m 100% sure I did it. Could it be a bug in the EFB performance page?

now that I have flown for 1 hour and have less weight the plane performs correct.

My flight plan is LGSA to LYNI

Hmm. I'm not sure. I think there may have been some issues with the EFB weight and balance before the update but I think that was taken care off. Perhaps it's not playing nice with the MSFS weight and balance?

I’m not sure either. Suddenly during cruise now the plane started dropping speed and altitude again out of nothing. Very strange. And when I try once again the correct procedure to climb with SPD mode, it puts the nose up 40 degrees and stalls and the stab trim goes crazy up to 15.0. See several others here experience the same problems.

I think I will leave this plane for now and pick it up after they fix it. 

thanks for all the advice so far.

vor 3 Stunden , TomAce sagte:

I think I found the problem.. I set ZFW to 24706 in the EFB, but the plane has calculated a ZFW of 29064 which is above MZFW. I don’t know why the FMS says 29064 because I pressed “set payload” x 2 and then “copy perf init data to FMS”. I’m 100% sure I did it. Could it be a bug in the EFB performance page?

now that I have flown for 1 hour and have less weight the plane performs correct.

My flight plan is LGSA to LYNI

That's a known bug. For now, you have to set the weights via the "Passenger & Cargo" page on the EFB before transferring to the FMS.

19 hours ago, Belga said:

That's a known bug. For now, you have to set the weights via the "Passenger & Cargo" page on the EFB before transferring to the FMS.

I took a new flight today, and I set the weight in the first page (not passenger & cargo) and checked that it was put correct in to the FMS. So I just have to be aware that the EFB may put wrong numbers in to the FMS. I also had to change the passenger weight in the SimBrief profile as well - so it corresponded with what the plane calculated. I set the passanger weight to 93,5 kg / 206 lbs (in SimBrief calculated as passenger and bags) in Simbrief profile so that the ZFW gets correct in EFB and FMS.

ZFW was 25169 kg in flight plan, in EFB and in FMS. The plane then was working flawlessly again.

Please login to display this image.

others have reported that if you modify the weight using the arrows you still need to press "enter" on the EFB keypad for those values to calculate... Before you send it to the plane or FMS...

Something is here about how if they auto processed it after every click of an arrow it would be bad... So they wait for you to "tell it" your done with that entry by pressing the Enter Key..

16 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

others have reported that if you modify the weight using the arrows you still need to press "enter" on the EFB keypad for those values to calculate... Before you send it to the plane or FMS...

Something is here about how if they auto processed it after every click of an arrow it would be bad... So they wait for you to "tell it" your done with that entry by pressing the Enter Key..

Thanks. Will make sure I press Enter on EFB keyboard hereafter. I also have noticed that it is important to get correct ZFW and a tip is to correct values in SimBrief profile. Make sure Passenger Weight is 206 lbs/93,5 kg (what the CRJ is using):

Please login to display this image.

Archived