Lonely CRJ

Dopster198

I never see any other CRJs in the sky, apart from my own. Loads of other types but never a CRJ.

I saw loads on release day, but hardly ever any since. Not AI or other players. Currently flying in the US, which sees a lot more CRJ traffic than Europe.

Anyone else seeing this? Just me?

vor 14 Stunden , Dopster198 sagte:

I never see any other CRJs in the sky, apart from my own. Loads of other types but never a CRJ.

If you see other CRJ's in the Sky next to you then you should probably comply with the TCAS instruction ASAP :P .
I saw many on the ground at EDLP probably due to the Tutorial flight.

Personally I see a few on VATSIM every time I'm on, like today I did 4 sectors in the CRJ7 and bumped into 4 or 5 other CRJs. Another thing is the CRJ is not commonly used in the real world and I have seen over many years that VATSIM tends to mirror this, what I mean is the majority of people on VATSIM use the A320 and 737 as they are the most common types/there's a lot more routes possible followed by the 747/777/A330 and jump into the CRJ/DH8D adhoc for a change of pace, and when a new aircraft is released everyone flies that then after a week it falls into the same pattern.

Just to add to that, I’m referring to both other players flying the CRJ (I don’t see them), or the game using CRJs to represent Live Traffic (never), or as static aircraft (never)

vor 14 Minuten, Dopster198 sagte:

Just to add to that, I’m referring to both other players flying the CRJ (I don’t see them), or the game using CRJs to represent Live Traffic (never), or as static aircraft (never)

Live Traffic is ( most of the time ) broken ever since...

6 minutes ago, LederhosenCharly said:

Live Traffic is ( most of the time ) broken ever since...

Yeah people say that, but it’s been fine for me honestly. First of all, I would never expect the game to fully 100% replicate all live traffic in the world at any point, that’s just not realistic. In addition, air traffic is 90% down because of COVID.

Regardless, I’m definitely seeing plenty of non-player live traffic, if you go to places like Charles de Gaulle, or Dulles, or Detroit

On 4/8/2021 at 7:11 PM, Dopster198 said:

Please login to display this image.

10.04.2021  13:44Z EDLP

20 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

Personally I see a few on VATSIM every time I'm on, like today I did 4 sectors in the CRJ7 and bumped into 4 or 5 other CRJs. Another thing is the CRJ is not commonly used in the real world and I have seen over many years that VATSIM tends to mirror this, what I mean is the majority of people on VATSIM use the A320 and 737 as they are the most common types/there's a lot more routes possible followed by the 747/777/A330 and jump into the CRJ/DH8D adhoc for a change of pace, and when a new aircraft is released everyone flies that then after a week it falls into the same pattern.

It’s not that they are not commonly used - right now, at 1723Z on Saturday 10 April, per FlightAware, there are 92 CRJ-900s in flight, 69 CRJ-700s and even 52 of the older CRJ-200s. But, that compares to 689 A320s, so clearly, the Airbus offers many more possibilities.

The CRJ is mainly used for flights to and from smaller regional airports to a relatively limited number of main hub airports, and you would not find them doing long coast-to-coast flights for which the Airbus and Boeing models are more suited.

22 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

It’s not that they are not commonly used - right now, at 1723Z on Saturday 10 April, per FlightAware, there are 92 CRJ-900s in flight, 69 CRJ-700s and even 52 of the older CRJ-200s. But, that compares to 689 A320s, so clearly, the Airbus offers many more possibilities.

Sorry, what I meant was there’s nowhere near the amount of CRJ’s (and operators) to be comparable against the A320 of 737NG families (and operators), also for example with COVID the statistics from Fllghtaware are more favourably to the CRJ, for example what I noticed on flightradar24 is during COVID, US domestic travel hasn’t really declined compared to Europe it’s basically now 20% of what it was before, here in the UK it’s pretty deserted and easyjet/Ryanair alone have basically there entire fleets grounded, which they have 500+ A320s and 737s between them thus if they were airborne the 1 CRJ for 5 A320/737 would become 1 for 15 etc, but yes there’s definitely more opportunities for the A320 and 737 etc

36 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

The CRJ is mainly used for flights to and from smaller regional airports to a relatively limited number of main hub airports, and you would not find them doing long coast-to-coast flights for which the Airbus and Boeing models are more suited.

Also to note is Europe has a different network to NA and we have don’t have the regional airports the US have so for example in the UK we have Doncaster Sheffield airport which is probably the same size as Burbank (Burbank may even be bigger in some aspects) yet Burbank only has the major airports as destinations where from Doncaster you can fly to a lot of the same destinations as Gatwick for example. Therefore regional jets are not as common in Europe compared to the US.

Sorry if I sound argumentative, I’m not trying to be at all. I just mean there’s a lot of factors to answer the OP’s question, one being the time of day, like if you were to log onto VATSIM at 1900z most traffic would be in Europe and therefore not many CRJs, but if you log on at 0300z the traffic will have shifted to the US and you’re more likely to see CRJs :) 

No offense taken! Of course on an online network like Vatsim, you might (on occasion) see more than one CRJ doing the same flight between two city pairs, or folks flying their own routes that don’t correspond to any real-world schedule. 

Now that some of the “new” has worn off of the CRJ, we probably won’t see quite as many in the air at once as was the case right after initial release.

• Aerosoft

Let me add a quick comment.... Sales for the CRJ are crazy, we have not seen this in 15 years. We were expecting some serious sales but every estimate was blown away in the first 3 days. We could not be more happy. It is really like it is 2004 again. 

On 4/9/2021 at 9:10 PM, moxiejeff said:

I think the "excitement" has died down quite a lot since launch. I know, personally, I am back to flying my beloved A32NX.

I have only done 2 flights in the airbus since buying the CRJ on day of release and just keep going back to the CRJ now its my go to aircraft

I have the same problem... I own the CRJ (marketplace) but when I go to world map and search for people using CRJ's and spawn next to them I see them as generic cessnas although I fly the crj myself. I saw an unmanned crj550 at Innsbruck Airport parking but when I try to fly together with a friend who also owns the crj he would just appear as that generic cessna for me

/edit: I have generic multiplayer aircraft set to off, and I'm able to see MB-339s, DC f15s, spitfires but CRJ's are getting displayed as "generic".

16 hours ago, TenPatrol said:

10.04.2021  13:44Z EDLP

By the way, shouldn't it say CRJ5 OR CRJ7 below the name tags of those CRJ's parking in the background in addition of altitude? I did a clean install and noticed a lot of players with no aircraft description in the air.

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let me add a quick comment.... Sales for the CRJ are crazy, we have not seen this in 15 years. We were expecting some serious sales but every estimate was blown away in the first 3 days. We could not be more happy. It is really like it is 2004 again. 

That’s fantastic Mathijs, really great to hear. I love the plane, and have been flying it exclusively since it came out.

Also, thank you for answering precisely something I was wondering only the other day: “Hmmm I wonder how well this did for them?” 😀

On the ground you can see the CRJs, but the fact that you don't see the CRJs in the air with the information in the nameplates is possibly due to the fact that various entries are completely missing in the aircraft.cfg of the CRJs.

Example A320 neo:
icao_type_designator = "A20N"
icao_manufacturer = "AIRBUS"
icao_model = "A-320neo"
icao_engine_type = "Jet"
icao_engine_count = 2
icao_WTC = "M"

My request would be to add the six missing entries to the aircraft.cfg's of the CRJs.

Examples:
This entry is used by the nameplates:
icao_type_designator = "Longitude"
icao_type_designator = "C208"
icao_type_designator = "B748"
icao_type_designator = "BE36"
icao_type_designator = "C152"
icao_type_designator = "C25C"
icao_type_designator = "E300"
icao_type_designator = "ASOBO1P" ( Generic Piston Engine)
icao_type_designator = "ASOBO1J" ( Genric Private Jet)
icao_type_designator ="B350"

17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I can't say I'm surprised. This airplane is LIGHTYEARS ahead of anything else out there right now. Just the fact that the VNAV works so nicely is impressive. Aside from that though the attention to detail is astounding. When I first saw the price of this plane I thought "well that's not cheap. It better be worth it." I'm happy to say it's been worth every penny and then some. Honestly I can't say enough good things about this plane. I've flown this plane (well the 200) in the real world and I was a trainer on it as well (I still teach on it at the flight college nearby) and this plane is absolutely study level. 

Seriously. Job well done. If the Twin Otter is anything like this then I'm going to have to get that one too! Btw, you guys are 2 for 2 with planes I've flown in my career. The Twin Otter was the plane I flew in my first job as a pilot. What are the chances of you guys doing a Dash 7? ;)

Archived