TCAS warning itself

Puuhbear

I sometimes have the problem that my TCAS warns me about myself. I don't really know why or when it happens but I can only turn TCAS off so I don't get annoyed for being warned about myself the whole flight.

Please login to display this image.

landet my last flight with TCAS warning myself, didn't go to worldmap. I startet from the airport just by putting a new flightplan into the FMC and starting again. now the TCAS works as expected. no more warnings about myself, just other AI aircraft. will write a report to MSFS zendesk thingy aswell.

Same issue I have. Ill try to explain whats happening with a scenario.

I depart KPNS headed to KOKC.

Following The Dudes instructions as well as SOP (Standard Operation Procedures) for the CRJ700 I setup radios as instructed.

1000ft after departure I get TCAS "Traffic Traffic" alerts with what appears to be my own aircraft being the alert aircraft, this will continue for the duration of the flight with no exception to altitude, proximity to other aircraft, or state of the TCAS outside of STBY or turning the radio off.

After landing and shutdown as per SOP at KOKC, without exiting the sim, (I do not go to main menu) I begin a new flight from KOKC to KDEN following the same procedure as the first flight. After Takeoff and reaching 1000ft there are no TCAS warnings other than expected traffic in the area and there are no warnings for the duration of the flight that are not expected.

So, what I do if Im going to be flying to several airports throughout the day (I use OnAir Company), is fly to a nearby airport using the SOP for the flight and try not to exit to the main menu for all the flights I have planned.

If I go back to the main menu, resetting the state of the aircraft, I will have the erroneous "Traffic, Traffic" message for the duration of the new flight.

Found out that for me it only happens if I start at a runway.

If I choose a parking position to spawn, the TCAS works as expected. 

Only if I start the flight on a runway it warns me about myself. Even when the aircraft is cold and dark.

• 1 month later...

This is an intermittent problem which we will continue to investigate. I did see this happen on my own airplane during testing several weeks ago, but have not seen it recently.

Interestingly, this can happen on the real airplane. The usual cause is a poor ground connection between the base of the TCAS antenna and the airframe due to corrosion. Obviously we are not simulating that particular fault in the sim - but will continue trying to pin down the cause.

• 3 months later...

Archived