refuses to climb (altitude)

FanHard StyleCoreRaw

Try cycling your airbrake. 

The CRJ should have no issue climbing on climb thrust setting up to its 41,000 feet ceiling unless influenced by external factors (wind for instance) or badly configured. 

Most of the time I saw someone mentioning issues climbing is due to a a bug in the simulator with the Thrustmaster TCA sidestick, which pulls the airbrake (without a visible movement of the lever) and/or flaps whenever you go in the menu. Not sure if the issue exists with other controllers as well.

I still have this issue although thankfully not nearly as often. When it does happen, I hit the "/" key to deploy the spoilers then move the spoiler handle in the cockpit back to forward/stowed position with the mouse, and the jet responds by resuming the normally expected climb and/or acceleration profile appropriate for that segment. And for what it's worth, this doesn't happen on the first flight after starting the sim but rather a flight thereafter. My theory is there is a connection to the issue with ground spoiler deployment on the first flight.

Give it a try, can't hurt...

Cheers,

37 minutes ago, FanHard StyleCoreRaw said:

Try cycling the speed brakes with the "/" key. With that much power on and in level flight there's no way you should only be at 225 knots. I'm guessing the speed brakes are deployed without you knowing.

One important thing to do is, whenever you have to go into the menu, go into the drone camera first.

This will deactivate your ability to control the plane, and bypass the glitch. Once you're out of the esc menu, you can go back to the cockpit camera. 

You can also unbind the spoiler/flaps axis on the TM Quadrant if you dont have the add-on for it. This fixed it for me with other aircrafts when I first got the TM Airbus Officer pack.

I have now added them back in as I've got the add-on now.

40 minutes ago, scorpian007 said:

You can also unbind the spoiler/flaps axis on the TM Quadrant if you dont have the add-on for it. This fixed it for me with other aircrafts when I first got the TM Airbus Officer pack.

I have now added them back in as I've got the add-on now.

OOOHHHHH.....

That is actually a big find!!  Nicely done.  I have all mine unbound in the MSFS bindings but plenty use it directly with the sim....  I am still waiting on my Add On Pack there might be plenty others without it and since they don't plug in separate this is a big pro-tip!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 11:31 AM, scorpian007 said:

You can also unbind the spoiler/flaps axis on the TM Quadrant if you don't have the add-on for it.

Yes, I'm going to give this a go too.  Funny thing, until one of my more recent flights, I've never had an issue with climb performance.  On my last flight in the CRJ, experienced really unusual thrust and climb behavior.  Of all the checks I went through to diagnose the issue, one was to visually check for the spoiler deployment (which were not visually deployed).  However, I did not attempt to adjust the spoilers in the cockpit (potentially resetting the spoilers and correcting the issue).  I actually captured the entire experience and posted to YouTube.

im at 33000 ft- Full throttle, 45000lbs and decending, aircraft will not go over 115 kts and is stalling- WTH? all Anti-ice is on, recycled spoilers, nothing is helping...

Please login to display this image.

I assume you've tried all the tricks in the FAQ (e.g. setting Anti-Ice to visual, checking you don't have any keybindings, etc.)?  It's worth a double check, because I've had MSFS settings change on me after an update (both settings and control profiles).  I've spent a lot of time pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is wrong (since I knew I'd already changed those settings!), only to find out MSFS changed it back without my knowledge.

If you are not in icing conditions (e.g. no "Ice" caution message), you do not need the Wing AI on.  Wing AI will cost you about 5% N1 (less thrust) which will hurt your climb rate, especially above 20,000 ft.  Once you get slow, the only solution is to level off (or descend) and bring your speed back up (e.g. 290/0.74) before trying to climb again.  The CRJ does not have the excess thrust to overcome the induced drag when you get slow.

I have the same problem.
I have tried many solutions posted on the forums, but nothing helps.
The problem started after a small patch of fs2020 that was updated this time.
All spoiler anti-ice settings are OK. But she doesn't rise.

Archived