crj 700

mv121

Hi,

I've got 2 small questions a confirmed pilot could easily answer to:

1. How do you popup the PFD, the MFD or the EICAS in the CRJ?

2. Where do you enter the rwy heading for the ILS in the same plane?

Thank you. Your plane is awesome.

Regards 

mv121

To pop out displays, hold the Right Alt key and click the screen (your mouse icon should change to a magnifying glass).

When you say "enter runway heading for the ILS", what do you mean?  If you select an ILS approach on your flight plan, the CDI will automatically be tuned to the frequency and course.  If that doesn't happen, you can rotate the course knob on the ACP to align the CDI with the runway heading.

vor 4 Stunden , mv121 sagte:

This sounds like you are trying to set the CRS for the landing RWY (which gets tuned by itself).

May I suggest you go through the tutorial flight before taking it on with the CRJ?

On 4/8/2021 at 5:49 PM, mv121 said:

Hi,

I've got 2 small questions a confirmed pilot could easily answer to:

1. How do you popup the PFD, the MFD or the EICAS in the CRJ?

Thank you. Your plane is awesome.

Regards 

mv121

I've had some issues with manually setting localizers personally so I can't say it's bug free. However, to manually set the course for the CDI rose in the event of an ILS landing you need to get around some of the plane's automation.

First identify on your left the NAV SOURCE knob. Then, on the glareshield, identify the CRS1 knob above FD. On your center console, the display of the FMC. Additionally, by your thigh identify the Backup RTU and the associated FMS TUNE INHIBIT switch.

First, ensure NAV SOURCE is set to NAV1/VOR1/LOC1 (green text). Not FMS1 (white) or FMS2/VOR2 (yellow).

Second, on the FMC select Radio, then for NAV1 select MODE to MAN. This should circumvent the autotuning behaviour. Finally input your desired frequency in the entry field just above.

Third, on the glareshield, turn the CRS1 knob to set the ILS course. CRS1 is for nav1, CRS2 on the FO's side is for nav2. Nav2 in my experience doesn't quite work.

Fourth and optional, down by the backup RTU, flip the FMS TUNE INHIBIT switch (towards the text). I'm unsure whether this is a necessary step so long as the Backup RTU is not in fact active, or how its logic interfaces with the MAN/AUTO mode in the primary RTU. Sorry.

Volume 5 of the manual, pages 5-1-101 to -117 are very handy for learning more about this.

• Aerosoft
28 minutes ago, WF971 said:

I've had some issues with manually setting localizers personally so I can't say it's bug free.

But nothing you write indicates a bug. We really want to solve bugs so would you be so kind to explain what you feel is a bug so we can check it out?

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But nothing you write indicates a bug. We really want to solve bugs so would you be so kind to explain what you feel is a bug so we can check it out?

The report was lodged here. I did not think it worthwhile to go into full details for the OP's purposes. 😃

On 4/8/2021 at 11:49 AM, mv121 said:

Are you perhaps used to flying an Airbus? In the CRJ you don't have to enter the runway heading if you've loaded the ILS approach into the FMS. Provided you've done that, then as long as the NAV radios are set to AUTO then once you're within range of the localizer it will set the inbound course for you. You'll know this has happened when you see the blue needles on the HSI. Once you see these blue needles that is confirmation that the CDI has been correctly set. With that said though, I did have issues where the course was not being set correctly. It was always off by 10 degrees. This has not happened since the update though so I believe they've solved that issue. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

What a pleasure to fly the CRJ 700. A lovely plane indeed.

Nevertheless, I have a problem I haven't yet managed to solve. I never find the glide slope.

I do everything right to get my plane in the right position (I can see that on the different dials) I get the LOC OK, I am under the GS angle but it is never intercepted, not even in white.

I've tried at least 50 times and I must do something wrong. But what?

Could you, please, give me a full account of YOUR approach and landing procedures so that I can compare them to mine?

Thanks very much

Regards

mv121

That’s strange. It should at least become white as soon as you hit the APR button. Are you sure you have an ILS approach selected in the flightplan? 

On 5/11/2021 at 10:44 AM, mv121 said:

Hi everyone,

What a pleasure to fly the CRJ 700. A lovely plane indeed.

Nevertheless, I have a problem I haven't yet managed to solve. I never find the glide slope.

I do everything right to get my plane in the right position (I can see that on the different dials) I get the LOC OK, I am under the GS angle but it is never intercepted, not even in white.

I've tried at least 50 times and I must do something wrong. But what?

Could you, please, give me a full account of YOUR approach and landing procedures so that I can compare them to mine?

Thanks very much

Regards

mv121

Before pushing the app button, be sure cancel the Vnav. 

Archived