Confused with EFB/ingame weight distribution and payload/passenger workflow

I'm trying to find out how to load the Aircraft (CRJ 700ER) so that elevator trim for takeoff is set correctly.

I like to play with economy tools like OnAir or FSEconomy and I seem to be unable to set up the Aircraft to at least aproximately reach the payload I'm supposed to carry.

I never know where to set what and I'm really confused with all the discussions and threads I read here.

I often get missmatching CoG in EFB and on the MSFS config page. One of them beeing red/out of range, while the other seems OK. I never know if I need to press "send payloads to sim" once or twice. I don't know if both have to be "green" for the elevator trim that is calculated by the EFB to be OK. 

I don't really need to know the details for the calculations but at least a workflow on how to set up a fuel/payload configuration. Something like "do everything in the EFB then press "send to sim" twice and ignore the MSFS cargo page" or "Set fuel in sim the get fuel from sim, adjust cargo and push "send to sim" once".

I never really get the aircraft starting as it should. It just doesen't takeoff when rotating at Vr (flightmodel is set to modern). And I think that is due to having it setup incorrectly and thus it's calculations for the takeoff elevator trim and the V-speeds are wrong.

Any help is appreciated. I've read so much in the past days to find out what a reasonable workflow is that I'm really confused. Also I'm fairly new to the whole flightsimming stuff and english is not my first language. So I might have understood things wrong here and there, which also leads to confusion on my side.

4 hours ago, Herman g. Gerhardt said:

You need to press send to sim twice?

At the moment, yes. The first press actually loads the sim, the second press forces the EFB CG and trim value to show the correct value. The second press will not load the sim a second time.

Archived